I Have Spanish Class With A Pro

Start from the beginning

"Caroline are you going to ride with Edward and me to school?" asked Bella. I scoffed slightly.

"Absolutely not! You think I need some 'big strong man' chaffering me about? I think not! I can walk perfectly fine with my own two legs," I sniffed. Charlie grinned, his shoulders shaking with silent laughter.

"Er-well. . .A simple no would have worked," said Isabella, sounding unsure of her response. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, finishing off my third and final piece of toast. I swung my backpack on my shoulder and slipped into my black converse high tops that I absolutely adored with my heart and soul. They were like the embodiment of joy into wearable fashion on your feet. I'd tried explaining it to Charlie, but he said he just didn't understand. I'd responded with, 'It's 'cause you're a man. You wouldn't get it,' and I think he was slightly offended but relieved that I'd stopped trying to explain to him the embodiment of joy in my high-tops.

I was out on the driveway that had a bit of ice on the edges when Isabella's boyfriend pulled up in his silver Volvo. I skidded to a stop on the ice at the end of the driveway, looking like a surfer, when Edward got out.

"Are you riding with us?" he asked, with that weird, old, formality.

"Nah. My legs work perfectly fine unlike sweet, incapable Isabella," I said in a mocking voice. His eyes narrowed slightly but not in a threatening way. More of a curious one.

"You're gonna walk the whole way?" he asked. I raised my eyebrows, looking around for something he could've been distracted by because he must've not heard me.

"Um, yeah. That is what I just said, isn't it?" I said slightly sarcastically. A smile twitched at the edge of his lips.

"Alright." he chuckled before going inside to retrieve Bella. I noticed though that he wasn't wearing a jacket even though there was a chill in the air, weird. 

Advanced Spanish Three was my first class as I glanced at my schedule. Then Biology II, English, Calculating Complicated Algebraic Formulas and Advanced Mathematics, then P.E and Study Hall. Wow, who even names their math class Calculating Complicated Algebraic Formulas and Advanced Mathematics? That is literally the stupidest thing ever.

I had to ask for direction and nearly made it on time right before the bell rang.

"¡Ah! Debes ser Caroline Swan, la hermana de Bella, ¿verdad?" (Ah! You must be Caroline Swan, Bella's sister, right?) said the petite, Spanish woman.

"Sí." I replied quickly. I handed her my slip to sign and waited for her to give me a seat. She signed it quickly with a flourish and looked around the class for a place for me to sit. I was the youngest in the room much to my embarrassment and disappointment. 

"Puedes sentarte con. . . ¿Qué tal allí con Jasper? ¿Te parece bien, Jasper?" (You can sit with. . . How about there with Jasper? Is that okay, Jasper?) said the Spanish teacher.

"Por supuesto señorita Daniela," (Of course Miss Daniela,) said an unruly, blond-haired, boy who looked to be around seventeen. He was extremely pale and his eyes were a goldish color. He had the same skin color and eyes as Edward, maybe they were related?

"¡Bien clase! Hoy trabajaremos en llevar una conversación en español con fluidez. ¡No se permite el inglés en absoluto! Te estoy mirando Max," (Good class! Today we will work on carrying a conversation in fluent Spanish. English is not allowed at all! I'm looking at you Max) said the teacher teasingly. There were two people at each table as I sat down next to Jasper.

I smiled and could literally feel my anxiety at meeting a new person reach a new sky-high when I suddenly remembered; I hadn't taken my anxiety pills this morning. I immediately became extremely more anxious at the remembrance.