Chapter 18

It was a super long car ride. Especially for a three year old and a six year old. We had to stop like three times and it only takes two hours to get there.

When we arrived everybody got excited. We all jumped out of the car and raced to the lake house. It was big and kinda socy. It was white with pillars in the front. It was beautiful but I don't understand how they can afford it.

Everybody caught over rooms but we figured it out. There were enough rooms for everybody to get their own. Poppy and Alice shared, and so did Rosie and I.

Everybody got their swimsuits on and we went out to the dock. Rosie looked so cute in her blue polka dot two-piece. She was showing a little bit so her belly stuck out.

"C'mon Darry! Jump in!" Soda yelled.

"Yeah! C'mon Dar!" The guys yelled.

I looked back at Rosie and she nodded her head in approval. I backed up the ran forward and did a double front flip and Dallas was in the way and he got splashed the most.

We all splashed around and had a great time. Then I heard a blood curdling scream. I jumped out of the water and sprinted towards the scream.

When I got to the scene, Rosie was squatted down by a tree. I ran up to her and squatted next to her.

"Baby, tell me. What's wrong? What happened?!"

"I shouldn't be bleeding like this." She sobbed, "it's not my period because I'm obviously pregnant. What do I do?!"

"We have to go to the hospital! Now!"

I ran back to the guys and told them what was happening. They sprinted to the house and changed so they could come along.

When we got the hospital, she was rushed into a room and they didn't worry about putting her in a gown.

"Okay miss. What's going on?" The nurse asked sweetly.

"I'm bleeding and I'm pregnant. I shouldn't be bleeding like this!"

"Is this your first pregnancy?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Let me go get our equipment and I will be right back."

"Okay thank you." I said.

We waited for about ten minutes then the nurse came back in along with the doctor.

The doctor asked Rosie what was going on so she had to explain it again.

I felt bad for her, truthfully. I went out and checked on the guys and we got to talking.

"Mr. Curtis?"

"That's me."

"Sir, we have some news about your wife that you need to hear. Follow me please?" I did as I was told and entered the room.

"The reason your wife is bleeding is because she is carrying more than one child. The fertilized egg is attaching to the lining of the uterus. It is normal."

"Well, how many babies are there?"

"She is carrying..."