Chapter 7

We took Poppy with us. I might have been the best thing I have ever done. As soon as Poppy saw Alice, they instantly became inseparable. I knew this was a good thing. Rosie got to adopt her for free because nobody else wanted Alice and she works there. She still had to do the paperwork though.

We started to head back to Rosie's place to settle her new daughter in. I could already tell that Poppy and Alice were going to be best friends. Alice held tightly onto Rosie's hand and walked by her side. Poppy had a tight grip on mine. When we got to her house, she unlocked the door and stepped in. Alice followed her, so did Poppy and I.

We went up the stairs into a medium sized room with grey walls, a white bed, and a tall and slender dresser. Rosie set all of, what little Alice had, onto the bed.

Poppy started to get antsy so we all went to my house. When we got there Two-bit and his sister were play fighting and wrestling on the floor, Soda and Steve were arm wrestling, and Ponyboy and Johnny were on the couch talking about some new book they read. When Jane (Two-bits sister) saw Poppy and Alice, she just smiled and then flipped her brother onto his back and pinned him.

"Who knew my kid sister could be this strong!" Two-bit grunted, then chuckled. I took Poppy upstairs and sat her down on her bed.

"Poppy, are you okay baby?"

"Yes I just tired." She said rubbing her eyes.

I picked her back up and snuggled her into me. The we walked her room slowly. I was in the middle of singing a song from Poppy's favorite Disney movie, when I heard the door creak. I looked up and saw Rosie but I kept singing to my baby girl. She soon fell asleep. I laid her down onto her bed and covered her up.

I took Rosie's hand and lead her down the stairs. Alice was distracted by Johnny. She was sitting on his lap and he was talking to her about something and occasionally made her giggle.

She then came up to us and stood in front of us with her arms crossed.

"You know what, momma?" She asked.

"What's that, Alice?"

"I like Johnny. Does he have a girlfriend?" Rosie and I started to giggle.

"No, hun. I don't think he does. Why don't you talk to him in the kitchen?" Rosie suggested.

"Okay. Hey dad?" I was shocked. I didn't think she would call me dad.

"Yeah?"

"Is that okay? If I date Johnny?" My girlfriend's five year old asked.

"Sure."

She walked over to him and grabbed his hand. He stood up and followed her into the kitchen. Rosie and I stood in front of the door so we could hear the conversation.

"Johnny, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uh, n-no. Why?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Haha! Sure!" He said through chuckles.

They came back out and we rushed to the living room. I took hold of Rosies hand and led her outside. I wanted to talk to her.
Then we heard sirens.