Chapter 6

"Well... I was just wondering," I hesitated, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Darry. I will be your girlfriend. Your friends and Poppy both approve of me so why not stick around?" She giggled.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. Then I remembered neither of us had work tomorrow. I looked up towards the sky and smiled again. I stood up and offered my hand to Rosie. She took it and I pulled her up. We headed back inside and headed towards the kitchen.

"So I know neither of us have work tomorrow so do you think you would want to come over and hang out?" I asked.

"Sure. I don't know how much time we'll spend together since the gang will probably be here." She responded.

She already knew too well that the gang is always here. I chuckled and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning I made extra breakfast because Rosie is coming in about an hour. I got my daughter up and let her jump on her uncles to wake them up.

"Good morning, uncle pony!" She squealed, "good morning, uncle doda!"

I laughed at her mispronunciations. Then I heard the door open. I didn't know who it was. So I kept everybody upstairs and peeked my head around the corner to see who it was. It was just the gang followed by Dally. Dally hasn't been around here for about two weeks... interesting. Then the door slammed shut. I just rolled my eyes and took my daughter to the bathroom to brush my her hair. We went downstairs then I saw black, wavy hair peek through open door. Then Rosie walked through the door and went straight to the kitchen. She sat down in the chair next to mine and put her head down. I sat down next to her and rubbed her back. She began to sniffle.

"What's wrong, Rosie?"

"I have to adopt a little girl from the girls home that I work at." She cried.

"Why?"

"Her parents are dead. She doesn't have any immediate family left. Nobody cares for her at work and she gets bullied there." Her body shook and she began to sob.

"Are you upset that you have to adopt her or is it how she's treated?"

"It's how she's treated. I'm picking her up today and I will need some help."

"How old is this girl?"

"She's four. Her name is Alice. She has blonde, wavy hair and brown eyes."

"When do you have to get her?"

"Before noon."

"Let's go right after we finish eating. Then we can go to your house and get her settled in. If she isn't too scared, I'll let her meet everybody."

"Okay." She said with tear stained cheeks and a smile.

I finished cooking breakfast and we ate. Rosie was in a good mood by that time. Then Dal walked in to the kitchen and glanced over at Rosie and smirked.

"So, who's the chick?" He asked slyly.

"She's mine, Dal. Back off." I ordered, grabbing Rosie by the waist and pulling her close to me.

"Sorry, Dar." He said.

He didn't mean it. He's never sorry for anything unless his eyes are full of tears and won't make eye contact. I just nodded back at him. Then Rosie and I went to get our shoes and jackets. Then we headed out the door.