mirculous au/masquerade ball

a quick little idea i had <3 also, ik alya is rena rouge, i but i didn't realize until now how great it would be if piper were her instead of hazel 😭 so piper is rena rouge and hazel is basically alya. also they sound so old london-y in here but its bc i just read heartless and im obsessed with the sentence structure LMFAO ok, enjoy!! ----

second note omg??? i literally read heartless last year and it's been forever since i've finished this but i wanna continue LOL so enjoy!

"You would seriously think she would be on time, huh?" Carapace muttered to Leo, looking out at the sea of ball gowns and tuxedos.

Paris was holding a masquerade ball here in the Grand Hall, and Lordbug and a few members of his team had been invited to attend and the guests of honor.

Lordbug only had two reasons for coming. 1. To avoid upsetting the mayor. And 2. Because Calypso was going to be there. He thought about what he would do, what he would say. He shouldn't have been nervous- his true identity was hidden behind his mask, and right now he was just Lordbug, not Leo, who could barely speak in Calypso's presence without stuttering. Maybe now that he was smooth, charming Lordbug he could ask her to dance. But then there was another obstacle.

Lordbug had obviously asked Chat Noir to come, which turned into a five minute argument on whether Lordbug was asking her out or not. Lordbug has simply ended it by rolling his eyes and telling her to get there on time. Chat Noir was supposed to be here, and that meant Calypso would be here, too. Would he spend the entire night trying to dismiss Chat Noir's advances? Or give up and maybe share a dance with her? Or he could share a dance with Calypso- but that would be having to deal with Chat Noir's jealousy and that was not pretty. Plus, he didn't want Chat Noir to be upset with him again.

Of course, all of this would only be something he had to worry about if either one of them got here. It was half an hour into the ball, and neither Chat Noir or Calypso was anywhere to be found.

"I know, right?" Lordbug agreed, continuing to strain his neck to try and see through the crowd. "I mean, her dad was the organizer for half the events. Shouldn't they be on time to something they helped plan?"

Through the corner of his eye, Lordbug could see Carapace turn to him. "I don't know who you're talking about, but I'm talking about Chat Noir."

Lordbug blinked. "Oh."

"I mean, you told her to be on time. I hope she didn't spend the entire day telling you what she was gonna wear for nothing."

Lordbug laughed. "I didn't really listen to most of it, honestly."

Carapace elbowed him playfully. "Some gentlemen you are. Do you think you'll dance with anyone?"

Lordbug turned back to the crowd and sighed. "Someone."

Lordbug felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around. Rena Rouge held a cheese platter in her hands and smiled, revealing her cheese stuffed mouth. Despite her white flats, Rena was Lordbug's height in her orange jumpsuit and mask that was identical to her miraculous one. "Cheese?" She asked, though it sounded more like gibberish.

Lordbug chuckled and took a square. Carapace grimaced. "No thanks."

Rena rolled her eyes and swallowed. "You're missing out, Carapace."

"Cheese is disgusting."

Rena squinted at him. "You're a turtle."

"Not right now I'm not." He said, crossing his arms. Carapace was wearing a dark green suit and a copy of the mask he wore with his miraculous. "Don't forget that you and I haven't even used our miraculouses. It's just a mask."