𝟔 | 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

Beginne am Anfang

I must stay calm, keep playing this game. It was necessary to prove to him that his (correct!) speculations that this was a trap are fake. But how? Think, think, think...

I put my index finger in front of my mouth.

"You know, my father wouldn't be thrilled to find out you wanted to get me drunk," I remarked playfully.

"Wasn't it you who put the glass in my hand in the first place?" he said with the same tone. The tense atmosphere between us suddenly disappeared, and I exhaled with relief. Looks like I managed to sweep it under the rug. This time, as I was putting both glasses back on the table, I kept my distance from Leo.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I declared, giving him an innocent smile. Leo looked into my eyes, and for a moment, I caught myself thinking, what would happen if I've stayed. Maybe we could watch TV, order pizza or something. Maybe...

Oh my god. That's it. I completely lost my mind. I wasn't sure if it was because of his presence or because of his beautiful eyes, gold as honey, but I couldn't think clearly. I told myself that I had to stop this madness, but Leo did it first.

He looked away and turned on his heel, planning to leave. My plan has, in fact, failed, but at no cost did I want to allow our game to end like this. A wicked thought ran through my mind as I decided to show him that he was not a winner.

"Ooops. Leo, will you give me my towel, please?"

Leo stopped in the middle of the hall, turning his head slowly and uncertain. I'm not stupid, I will not show myself naked in front of him, but I just wanted to tease him a little. Hidden behind the door, I was stepping from one foot to another. Leo came closer to me, bent down, then reached for the towel on the ground and threw it at me with a clear irritation.

"Get dressed," he growled and left. The look on his face spoke for itself. Although I couldn't get rid of him, at least I made him feel uncomfortable. And maybe even got him something to fantasize about.

Grumpy as hell, I've poured plan A into the sink, while once again, was going through plan B. It's time to make some noise, I thought to myself and checked the pile of pyrotechnics hidden under my bed.

 It's time to make some noise, I thought to myself and checked the pile of pyrotechnics hidden under my bed

I always thought my neighbors are crazy. But to set off fireworks in mid-February? Isn't it too late, or too soon for that? Don't they want to leave it for the next New Year's Eve?

The devilish grin didn't leave my face, even as I was leaving my room. Only stairs and a few steps through the kitchen separated me from the back entrance, where I headed. Even the slightest mistake could get me back to where I came from, so I had to be extremely careful.

I stepped on the staircase, being extra careful at the spot that has revealed my presence yesterday. When I've heard Leo going upstairs, probably to my room to check on me, I lost my balance and almost rolled down. Fortunately, he changed his mind at the last moment. A few steps more, and he would have caught me sneaking out. It would be hard to explain why I was carrying a backpack with things to my journey.

Only when I heard the slam of our front door, I let myself feel relief. Leo didn't disappoint me this time. He went outside to find out the cause of the noise. That's when my escape began. Stepping as quietly as a cat, I went downstairs and didn't even look around while running across the back lawn. Climbing over the fence didn't cause any problem to me, so in a few minutes, I found myself right in front of Beth's house. I needed to see Otto. Father's excuses about the topic Where's Mom? made me slightly scared. I was afraid that whatever I'll find at my mother's house, I will not like it. And so, I was sure that I needed support.

I would never think that getting through crazy teens will be so challenging. Sweaty bodies clung to me from all sides, shaking to the beat of the music. With each new beat, I felt like the house was shaking to its foundations. My eyes have been blinded by the light of rainbow colors, and cigarette smoke and fog out of the machine prevented me from seeing sharply. I didn't know exactly where Otto will be, but I had to find him.

 I didn't know exactly where Otto will be, but I had to find him