10. Scream

A/N: It doesn't go into too much detail, but there are a dark few paragraphs that come pretty quickly.

*Present day*

"And you have a crush on him now-"

"Hell no," Taehyun shook his head. "I did last year. Before we moved here and he met Mia and her group. I definitely do not anymore."

Yeonjun nodded in understanding and took his jacket off while they were at a red light since he was hot. "Well yeah. Now he's an asshole."

Taehyun nodded and looked at Yeonjun's hand that was currently controlling the way the car was going. He had very pretty hands. A little bit of veins, but that was just the gay in Taehyun popping out.

And then he looked up his arm and tilted his head. There were a lot of lines and bruises. His right arm that was changing gears also had the same bruises. He looked at Yeonjun, only to see the older already looking at him. He was afraid for a second. Afraid that he hurt Yeonjun's feelings or made him uncomfortable.

But the boy just chuckled softly and turned to face the road. "I used to have a girlfriend. When I was Beomgyu's age. She was a little sadistic in bed, and I guess she thought that meant I would like it outside of bed too."

"And the... the lines?"

"I told you I had a rough childhood. Sometimes I just wanted to be free. And it seemed like that was my only option." It was silent for a second and Yeonjun shook his head. "I don't know if she meant it. Sometimes I feel guilty because she had a lot of mental problems too."

Taehyun nodded and bit his lip to hold himself back from crying. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"No." Yeonjun shook his head. "We don't know each other enough for you to feel like you owe me anything. Not even an apology for the shit I've gone through."

How the-

"Why are you so kind?"

"I'm not," Yeonjun said, pulling into a parking lot by an empty playground since it was November. "How angry are you?"

"About what?"

"Everything."

"Very..."

Yeonjun nodded and turned the car off.

"I want you to scream as loud as you can for as long as you need. Hit anything you want. It helps release anger."

Taehyun's eyes widened, questioning exactly what type of therapy this was. "Are you serious?"

"Never been more serious about anything."

"So you're not completely serious when you say you're straight-"

He was cut off by Yeonjun loudly screaming for five seconds straight and he started laughing while covering his ears. "What was that for?!"

"I told you. It helps release stress. Do it."

"Okay, okay. Jesus."

He laughed and Yeonjun shook his head with a smile on his face. And then he screamed bloody murder for God knows how long and Yeonjun looked out the window until he stopped. But then it was way too quiet and he turned to face Taehyun again, seeing that he was staring forward with tears brimming in his eyes.

Yeonjun just shut his eyes as Taehyun finally started screaming and crying, hitting the dashboard over and over again in pure agony.

"I hate him!" He kept screaming and Yeonjun bit his lip, feeling an overwhelming amount of sympathy for Taehyun that it was hurting him. "Why the fuck did he have to do this?!" He punched the dashboard as hard as he could and Yeonjun's eyes shot open at the horrible sound.

"Holy shit Taehyun," he gasped when Taehyun's hand and forearm were both bent in a weird way, quickly turning his car back on to go to the hospital. "How hard did you punch it to break your arm too?!"

Taehyun shook his head, angrily whispering curse words under his breath the entire way there.

A/N: Soobin said Kang Yeosang is fine and I'm going to have to agree with him.

That makes me sound like I'm not an Atiny- my bias is Seonghwa and I have a lightstick and an album

That makes me sound like I'm not an Atiny- my bias is Seonghwa and I have a lightstick and an album. I am a huge Atiny lmao.

This entire author's note reminds me of my vampire Taegyu story that is named after the Ateez song and bla bla bla TXT and Ateez besties we been knew 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛.