2. You Shouldn't Say That

"We'll pick you up at 9 a.m. to go shopping tomorrow, okay?" Mia asked from the passenger's seat as they pulled up to Beomgyu's house. "This is your house?!"

He nodded and checked the time on his phone, sighing when he saw that it was already 11 p.m. Taehyun always went to sleep at nine to get eight hours of sleep. He woke up at five every morning to work out, shower, and eat breakfast, usually finishing before Beomgyu even woke up.

It was admirable how he was able to be so productive in the morning.

"Yeah- wait, what about school?"

They all looked at each other and broke out into laughter.

"Beomgyu, tomorrow's Saturday!" The boy who's name he found out was Hyunwoo said.

"Oh, right... yeah, I'll see you guys at nine."

He got out of the car and they all said goodbye to him before driving away. He turned to face the house and took a deep breath. It was only when they were already at the house that Beomgyu remembered the promise he made to Taehyun.

Now, the little, innocent Taehyun would never get mad at him or at least, he wouldn't show it. But the disappointed look on his face was always enough of a punishment for Beomgyu when he did something wrong.

He unlocked the front door and then locked it again behind him, going to the kitchen to get something to drink since he was thirsty, obviously. While sipping on his water, he saw a bowl of spaghettios on the counter with a little note next to it, and his heart literally broke.

Beomgyu Hyung, I made you dinner. It's not a lot. I don't really know how to cook, but you knew that ㅋㅋㅋ. Anyway, I'm gonna go sit on the couch now and eat my food. But I'm really tired so I'm writing this note in case I fall asleep. You know how stupid I am. I might fall asleep haha.

Oh God.

Beomgyu had never felt so guilty in his life. Just judging off the note alone, it was obvious that Taehyun was insecure. He always had been. He was insanely smart, but would call himself stupid, and Beomgyu didn't know why.

And the fact that it seems like Beomgyu was neglecting him probably didn't help his self confidence.

He walked out to the living room and saw the blonde boy laying on the couch in nothing but a t-shirt and leggings, even though it was really cold.

"Aish Taehyun," he sighed, grabbing a blanket off a chair and draping it over the boy. "Thank you for the dinner." He kissed the top of his head and went to go heat it up in the microwave to eat.

*The next morning*

Taehyun crawled further under the blanket around him when there was pounding at the door. But it came again not twenty seconds later and he groaned before getting up to answer it.

"Oh, it's the kid," Mia said, fake smiling at him with a few people behind her. "Where's your friend?"

It was a Saturday. Taehyun just wanted to sleep. And he wasn't even a kid. LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS. IT WASN'T THAT LONG.

"He's asleep. Where's your ass?"

She gasped and then snickered. "You're one to talk." Her and her friends walked passed him and Beomgyu came downstairs, ready to go. "Beomgyu-ah, you're ready. Good. I can't stand to be in that brat's presence any longer." Taehyun rolled his eyes.

"Oh?"

"Yes. He said I have no ass."

Beomgyu looked at Taehyun. "Taehyun, you can't be talking about anyone not having an ass." They all started laughing and Taehyun looked down.

"Beomgyu," Hyunwoo said. "You remember that girl we showed you during lunch?"

"Wait, let me tell him," Mia said after controlling her laughter a little bit. "Look at this picture."

She held out her phone to Beomgyu and Taehyun saw a picture of a naked girl who was desperately trying to cover the camera. She looked like she was getting changed in a locker room or something, and Taehyun looked like he wanted to cry.

He was so sweet, and that picture was so horrible.

"What about it?" Beomgyu asked.

"She always gets dressed even if there are guys in the locker room. Isn't she a whore?"

Why are there guys in the girls' locker room? Taehyun thought.

"Yeah, she is."

What the fuck?

Taehyun looked at Beomgyu in shock while he laughed along with the others.

"Beomgyu," he said, getting all their attention. "You shouldn't say that."

"I didn't say it."

"He only agreed," Mia said, dragging him out while they all continued laughing.

Beomgyu always hated that word. He hated whenever anybody said it. Why did he agree with them? Taehyun slammed the door shut after they left, angry at Beomgyu, and angry at the students who made him like this.

Beomgyu was out all day again, coming back late at night to Taehyun sitting on the couch, watching some drama on the TV.

"Hey, how was your day?" He laughed, stumbling over to the couch and Taehyun nearly gagged at the smell of alcohol radiating off of him.

He went up to his room to go to sleep, waking up to the sound of Beomgyu throwing up in the bathroom across the hall and then loudly complaining for Taehyun to get him some water.

But he just rolled his eyes and went back to sleep, still too mad at him to help him. Since it was Sunday, Beomgyu ended up sleeping the entire day. And even when he was awake, he was on the phone with his new friends the entire time.

When he was hungry, Taehyun went downstairs to get food, sighing when he heard Beomgyu talking on the phone. He was making rice, it looked like, and Taehyun walked over.

"Can I have some?"

"You didn't help me with my hangover."

"I was asleep..."

Beomgyu...

Rolled his eyes?

He nodded, but he rolled his eyes?

Taehyun felt his heart pang at that and just ran back up to his room to go back to sleep, not wanting to see him again tonight.