Chapter 20

Natu's POV

Erza cut right through the barrier making it shatter as if it were nothing.

How could this be so easy? What makes her think it's over just like that?

"LIKE HELL ITS OVER" I yelled at Erza.

We can't just end it here and have Happy and Lucy's death be for nothing!

"Yeah Erza what's going on we can't really just leave" Gray said walking up to Erza.

"I've devised a plan, all I need now is your trust. Do you all trust me?" Erza said now looking at the demons as well.

"Trust you?" Said one of the demon spawns in an uneasy tone getting to his feet.

What the hell is she doing?

"Yes, I expect you all to trust me since I can't do this alone. I did break the barrier for all of you and not just my teammates didn't I?" She responded. She has a point bus still...

She expects us to go from killing each other to now trusting each other over a plan? I'm sorry Erza but whatever you're thinking isn't going to work.

I looked at the others and based on their glares I could tell they were thinking the same thing.

I looked over at Gray to see if he'd take my side when I noticed he was already looking my way.

We both nodded in agreement that what Erza was saying was crazy but she usually has her reasons.

"Well then what's th-"Gray tried to break the ice but was cut of by a large proejection appearing on the wall of sir Faust.

"My my what have we here? This wasn't a part of our little deal." We all looked up at the screen in surprise.

"What the hell's he talkin about?" Said one of the demon offspring looking around in confusion.

"He tricked us that's what." said erza looking up angrily at the projection.

So she did know something.

"The dragons quiet right you know, none of this is over until the missions are complete"

Was he listening this whole time? It's a good thing Erza didn't say her plan yet. And did he just call me a dragon?

"Those who've failed to complete it die or continue the game, victors aren't allowed on the field." he said in a serious tone looking down at erza.

What's with the rules, did he just call this a game?

"Game? You think this is some sort of sick joke?!" I yelled at him.

He smirked and continued like he didn't hear me.

"But since you all seem upset I suppose the rules could change a bit." he snapped his fingers and Lucy's along with that other girls body's vanished.

"Two cats and three girls. sounds about fair wouldn't you agree?"

"What's the meaning of this Mephisto? Who are these people really and what's going on?!" I looked to see the guy fighting gray talk.

"Mephisto?" Gray, Erza and I said in sync.

As in the demon Mephisto? He really was tricking us this whole time.

"The meaning of what Mr.Okumura? It's all in good fun, I'll even bring the spirit master and Mrs. kirigakure back to make things better."

"Can he really do that?" Gray asked looking over at me as if I had a clue.