chapter sixty-one

unfree

The wind and the sound of birds was gone, and they were standing in his room. Smiling, she nipped at his lips. "I don't care where we do it."

Fortunately, her legs were still wrapped around him, or his half smile would have turned them to jelly.

He pushed her back against the wall. Her arms captured above her head. Her legs tightened around him. "Dez, if you interrupt us, I swear__."

"I will sink you to the bottom of the sea." Kell finished the threat.

Her grin vanished as his lips left a trail of fire down her neck. Freeing her hands, his hands settled tentatively on her waist beneath her shirt. For two breathless moments, then his hands slowly eased up over her stomach, her ribs, taking her garment with them.

How could a touch make her feel so much? As she stood in front of him wearing just a bra and some shorts, his eyes became a caress just as gentle as his hands, and no place was left untouched.

The heat from her mark spread until she thought she'd go up in flames.

Then she did, because his mouth caught hers and breathed life into her. Desire poured through her and weakened her.

Feeling the bed beneath her, she opened her heavy eyes so she could see him above her. Maybe he couldn't feel what she was feeling anymore, but somehow, he seemed to know what she wanted.

He let her go only long enough to unfasten his candora and let it fall to his waist.

The hand that raised to feel his heated skin shook.

He caught it and placed a kissed to her palm before laying it against his chest.

"How many get to touch such beauty?" She asked in an awed whisper.

Tears came to his eyes as he touched her cheek. "Just me."

"I've missed you. I missed the way you see me. The way you look at me. Thank you for coming back to me. Thank you for remembering us."

"You were right. I was too scared to face my feelings. Too scare to remember how much I need you. I love you." He whispered against her lips. "You wouldn't let me say it before."

She arched her neck so he wouldn't stop his assault of her senses. "I was afraid you wouldn't mean it."

"Never, my Jessalynn. Never could I not love you. My memories were forgotten, but that does not mean the love did not live on. No one can touch that."

"Then my love for you can live on, no matter what is ahead of us. It only dies if you let it go."

"I could never let go of you. It may take time, but I will always find my way back to you."

He pulled her closer. His very essence trying to find a place to belong inside of her because nothing else would be close enough.

Her hands gripped his shoulders and her legs wrapped around his legs as his lips and his tears bathed her with love. Feeling his lips over her mark, she moaned at the amount of fire that flooded to her core.

Kellum stilled. His hand going to the area that burned so hot that she wondered how there were no blisters or charred marks. "It's not that bad. It's been worse before."

"You cannot leave me, Jessalynn. Even if my heart does not stop beating, I will die on the inside. What kind of existence will that be?"