𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐲𝐞

Start from the beginning

(Y/n), eyes fixed on their dead best friend's body, let out a gut-wrenching cry. Not hesitating for it to be as loud and as painful as humanly possible. They wanted to run over there and just take Dream by the hand, it would've at least been nice to sit next to him. Instead they were there, painfully being forced to stand by the sidelines and do nothing. It was a sick form of torture that didn't seem to bother the God at all. In fact, they seemed impressed with their work.

When it completed staring at the bloodied corpse, it let out a prideful sigh, that proud smirk appearing on their face once more to look over their work of art. How proud, it should be. For accomplishing such a task like this. And for the person of their dreams, one would say.

DreamXD edged their head over to their left to gaze over their shoulder. Wanting to show off the work that it had completed right before it's love's eyes. Should they be proud? Was this really something that you could look at and think only the best of the artist? Through the short gaps in the mask with the letters 'XD' carved into it, DreamXD's smile was seen, showing an intimidating set of sharpened fangs. And with that smile came the eyes of the devil, which were now tilted up into an innocent grin. That was look of somebody evil. That was the look of somebody that you couldn't trust.

When XD looked over it's shoulder to peer it's eye over at the watcher, (Y/n) fully expected to meet their view with DreamXD's neon stare. But instead, it looked over them. Past the view of their own face.

(Y/n) looked over their shoulder to see what it was staring at, furrowing their eyes at the nothingness that they were met with. They shot another short glance back at the God to see that they were smiling at whatever they were staring at. But (Y/n) couldn't place their eye on whatever DreamXD had spotted. Who was the God presenting the dead body to? (Y/n) initially thought that it was to them, but after a second look-over of the situation, they realise that that may not be so. Their tears felt like they were burning their eyes, but they had stopped sobbing. Hit with confusion, they let their tears fall down their cheeks as they watched in silence.

"Does this action satiate your longing for death upon this man?" DreamXD looked over (Y/n)'s shoulder, gazing up at the beyond. It's voice was low, echoey and quite gravelly. It didn't sound human. It almost sounded as if someone were to put their voice through a vocal changer. "Are you proud of my accomplishment?"

(Y/n) went silent, still trying to follow its eyes to see what it was staring at.

...What?

"From what I have been knowledged, my dearest, is that you haven't a slightest care for this mortal." DreamXD smirked, gesturing over to Dream's body. "Perhaps I may have been misinformed."

What's happening?

As the vines began to unwrap around their body, instead of rushing to their best friend's side, (Y/n) steadily began backing away from whatever XD seemed to be staring at, feeling intimidated and confused. But even while they had taken a few steps back, the view to them still revealed absolutely nothing.

What are you doing, XD? This isn't how the story was supposed to go.

"It's a possibility that there are certain grudges you may be holding in your own little world. However, I've brought it upon myself to take care of the issues in this world." He uttered proudly, eerily floating closer.

Why are you talking to them? You should be talking with (Y/n).

"I have no interest in (Y/n)." XD voiced with a hint of disgust in its own voice, rolling its one viewable eyeball to convey its disinterest. "For (Y/n) is not the one I love."