Chapter 7

The bright early morning sun shined through the windows, the weather was slightly chilled, barley any clouds in the sky.

The sunlight shined through the bedroom windows and had hit the child sleeping soundly in their bed, making them stir awake.

" mmh... " The child groaned out, their eyes fluttered open as they focused their one good eye on the window " I'm sleepy! " They exclaimed, understandable too, it was only 7:46 am.

The child then heard the sound of slippers in the hallway, but they tried to ignore it, as they tried to fall back asleep. But the slippers got closer and closer to their bedroom. Their door then opened.

BonjourMon bébé! " Esmeralda said, her lips forming into a soft smile, she walked over to her child's bed and sat on the edge of it " Bonjour, Edgar! "

Edgar let out a quiet groan, he buried his face into his pillow " Maman! Un Dodo! " He exclaimed, even though it was muffled.

Esmeralda giggled quietly, she carefully picked Edgar up and sat him on her lap, she gently ran her fingers through her child's shoulder length curly hair " Still tired, Mon Amour? " she asked, to which Edgar nodded.

" You wanna go back to sleep on the couch while Maman cooks breakfast? " Esmeralda asked as she stood up, she made sure to grab her child's favorite plush toy, which was a plush lion.

Edgar simply cuddled against his parent, plush toy clenched in his tiny hands. Esmeralda let out a sigh as she exited Edgar's bedroom and made her way to the living room, where she turned the T.V on, then promptly placed Edgar on the couch.

" You can go back to sleep, Mon Ange. Maman will make you some breakfast once you're awake, is that okay? " Esmeralda asked as she gently rubbed her child's back.

Edgar struggled to keep his little eyes open, head resting on his plush lion " Oui, Bonne Nuit." He quietly muttered out as he simply fell back asleep.

Esmeralda smiled softly as she gently  kissed Edgar's cheek before making her way to the kitchen. She grabbed a couple items from the fridge, placed them on the counter, and began to cook breakfast for her & her family.

Edgar slept on the couch, head resting on his plush lion, one hand hanging over the cushion, the other gripping onto said plush lion tightly.

As she cooked, Esmeralda would occasionally turn her head to look back at her child, and every time she did so, she felt her heart swell with love " I can't believe you're already 4 years old already, Mon Amour. " She quietly spoke " To think that you were so small not that long ago, you're growing up fast. " Her lips curled into a soft smile.

Then, the sound of feet patting on the wooden floor were approaching the living room. It was Charlotte! ' Damn ' Esmeralda thought to herself ' She's up early! guess she must've smelled breakfast being cooked '

" Bonjour Maman! " Charlotte exclaimed happily " I smell food! Is breakfast ready yet? " She made her way to the kitchen and stood next to her parent.

Esmeralda giggled " Not yet, Mon Ange, not yet " She continued cooking, she began to add various spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg.

Charlotte's eyes went wide with joy as she realized that her parent was cooking her favorite breakfast, French breakfast puffs!