Chapter 4

The months flew by, everyday seemed to go by fast, and before anyone knew it, Esmeralda was in her third trimester already! Her once small baby bump has doubled in size, her ankles and legs were constantly sore, her lower back was in pain very often, but she knew this would happen, she was used to this, so she wasn't complaining that much. 

Esmeralda was just a 3 weeks away from her due date, she was already prepared for it too. She had everything she needed, so she wasn't too worried about it. Was she excited and focused on the due date of the baby? Yes, of course! But she was also taking sign language classes for her, Quasimodo, and their children. The family figured that they should all learn sign language in French and English, as they all spoke both languages.

Today, It was April 20th, 3 weeks before the day that the family would welcome the new baby. The nursery was all set up and finished, they had gotten a bunch of new clothes, some new toys, and a very soft, warm, yet somewhat light blanket that Fleur-De-Lys had made herself.

Quasimodo had also gotten more high-def hearing aids, which he wore every day, only taking them out when he went to shower, bathe, or sleep.

The quadruplets all turned 4 years old too! Now they were much more talkative, they were walking around, and were much more expressive then when they were 3. Felix and Jade were much more active then Micheal and Charlotte.

Micheal and Charlotte would mainly just read some children's books or play with their toys. Meanwhile, Jade and Felix were hyperactive as hell, they were always up to something, whether they were dancing around, or playing with each other with fake swords or wands, they were always goofing around, but luckily, staying out of trouble.

Esmeralda was in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet trying to have a bowel movement, she couldn't however. No matter how much she tried, she just couldn't have a bowel movement and she was becoming frustrated. She sighed as she stood off the toilet, pulled her pants up and looked in the bathroom mirror. She had small bags under her eyes, her breast were swollen and didn't really fit in her bras anymore. There was one thing that caught her off guard, and that was her stomach. It seemed to be much lower than before, and it was causing her uncomfortable amounts of pain in her lower back and near her pelvis.

She sighed as she exited the bathroom and walked to the living room, where Quasimodo and the quadruplets all sat on the couch, watching a movie " Hey, Quasimodo? " She spoke, her hands resting on her hips.

Quasimodo looked over at Esmeralda " Yeah? " He asked.

" I'm going to get a bath, my back has been hurting all day today " Esmeralda responded.

Quasimodo frowned " Your back is still hurting? The medicine didn't help? "

" No, no it didn't. Maybe these are labor pains... " Esmeralda responded as she shook her head.

" Aw, i'm sorry " Quasimodo said as he walked over to Esmeralda and hugged her " and you! " he gently poked the baby bump " Don't you give your mom any trouble, okay? "

The baby responded by kicking against Quasimodo's hand " Guess that must be his response " Esmeralda said with a laugh.

She went down the hall, grabbed a towel, and went back into the bathroom. She proceeded to strip naked, her eyes widen in fear as she notice small droplets of blood in her underwear. She took her hand and placed it in between her legs, once she removed her hand, her blood ran cold as she saw droplets of blood on her fingertips. Esmeralda grabbed a piece of toilet paper and wiped the blood off her fingertips and cleaned herself up.

Esmeralda then turned the warm water on, she let the tub fill up with water as she slowly lowered herself into the tub before she turned the warm water off. Her elbows rested on the edges of the tub, her hands balled into fist as the pain didn't seem to subside.

She quietly cried out as she rubbed her stomach " C'mon little angel, let la mère rest... You're making la mère's back hurt badly "

Suddenly, a sharp pain overcame Esmeralda, causing her to suddenly jolt forward, her hands gripped at her stomach, she squeezed her eyes closed as she felt herself tear up. She panted quietly as she slowly leaned herself back, her shoulders shuddering. Esmeralda rubbed her eyes as she looked down at her stomach, her hands still gripping it.

As she was looking, she noticed that the tub water was turning very cloudy and red. Her blood ran cold, she KNEW what had happened... her water had just broken. It's time.