12: Kiss The Girl

"I don't care for the situation," Norrington made clear as he looked on to the Black Pearl, whom had anchored on Isla De Muerta. "Any attempt to storm the caves could turn into an ambush."

"Not if you're the one doing the ambushing," said Jack, as always, having a plan around his unfortunate circumstances. "I go and convince Barbossa to send his men out with their little boats. You and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejeezus out of them with your little cannons, eh. What do you have to lose?"

The Commodore sighed internally and felt his jaw tighten. "Nothing I'd lament being rid of."

Jack smiled. Perfect it was for all but a few revisions. "You know, to be quite honest with you there's still a slight risk to those aboard the Dauntless, which includes the future Mrs. Commodore."

Norrington nodded. "Men, have Miss Elizabeth and Miss Ariel locked in their room for their safety."

"Ah, about Ariel," Jack smiled at his own scheme. "she must come along with me."

Norrington looked at him sternly. "Absolutely not. Whatever for?"

"I need reassurance, a bargaining chip, if you will... in case of betrayal."

"No, I can assure you that you have no need to fear. Are you trying to call me a liar?"

"Of course not, I just need to be one hundred percent sure instead of ninety-nine."

"No."

"Then find another way to deal with the wishes of your betrothed. She is going to be so disappointed."

Norrington wanted to strangle Jack. "Very well."

_ _ _

Back on the boat, Elizabeth fought against the officers carrying to her room as they said, "sorry but it's for your own safety."

"The Commodore, there's something I have to tell him!" Elizabeth yelled as she kicked them. "The pirates, they're cursed! They can't be killed!"

The doors of Ariels room was opened and Elizabeth was placed inside whilst being told,

"Don't worry, miss. He's already informed of that. A little mermaid flopped on deck and told him the whole story." He turned to Ariel and she froze for a second. "Follow me, Miss."

Ariel got up hesitantly, and, of course, relieved, as Elizabeth argued with the man screaming, "this is Jack Sparrows doing!"

The man ignored her and took hold of Ariel, closing Elizabeth in. Ariel could hear Elizabeth slamming her hands against the doors in frustration.

Ariel was taken onto a boat and rowed away, without any explanation. She arrived to where Norrington and his crew sat with Jack. The officer that had accompanied her got off. Ariel allowed a confused look to take over and gently reached towards him, almost as if pleasing for him to stay. But he didn't. Instead, Jack stepped onto her boat. He smiled at her smugly. 

"Take care of her, Mr.Sparrow," Ariel heard Norrington say.

Jack sat in front of her, a smug smile on full display. "Of course I will."

Ariel frowned and crossed her arms. She looked childish, pouting at being told to do something. Jack relished in it, rowing them both away as The Commodore looked on nervously. 

The water sloshed under the paddle, clear yet dark. The night was colder than usual, a gentle breeze passing by. All that could be heard was the whistling of the ocean. 

Ariel knew that Jack had locked up Elizabeth, a low yet amusing joke. Her stance let Jack know that she knew. But Ariel couldn't deny the feeling inside her. She wasn't scared, she was excited. This was what she was hoping for at last. And from where she sat, the dark eyes in front of her sent a shiver down her spine.