4: Part Of Your World

"I just don't know what were going to do with you, young lady," King Triton said. Ariel had swum as fast as she could but the concert was long done when she made it to the castle. Now she was inside, standing before the kings throne.

"Daddy, I'm sorry, I just forgot," Ariel defended. She stood timidly, with her hands clasped behind her back.

"As a result of your careless behavior-"

"Careless and reckless behavior!" Interrupted Horatio Thelenious Ignacious Crustaceous Sebastian, the Crab court composer, from above the Kings golden crown. Everyone called him Sebastian for short.

"-the entire celebration was, uh..."

"Well, it was ruined! That's all! Completely destroyed!" Sebastian swam up to Ariel and heartedly continued, "This concert was supposed to be the pinnacle of my distinguished career." Then he pointed at Ariel. "Now thanks to you, I am the laughing stock of the entire kingdom!"

At this, Flounder, who had been standing right outside, stood in front of Ariel and said, "But it wasn't her fault!"

Upon seeing the proud king, he felt his fear set in once more. King Triton was a hell of sight, with a long, white beard and intelligent grey eyes. He was a large man, as in he had broad shoulders and chest.

Flounder gulped. "Uh, oh, first, uh, the shark chased us. Yeah, yeah. And we tried to... but we couldn't, and he," Flounder growled, "and, And we woah," he spun and then sighed. "And then we were safe. But then the seagull came, and it was, 'this is this, and this is that, and-'"

"A seagull?" Asked King Triton, registering what that meant. Founder gasped and covered his mouth, hiding in Ariels red hair as she gave him an angry look. "What? Oh! You went up to the surface again, didn't you?" He stood up and swam forward. "Didn't you?"

Ariel gave a weak smile and said, "Nothing happened..."

King Triton scoffed. "Ariel, how many times must we go through this? You could've been seen by one of those barbarians, by one of those humans!"

"Daddy, they're not barbarians," Ariel snapped.

"They're dangerous. Do you think I want to see my youngest daughter snared by some fish-eaters hook?" He held up her face by the chin but she pulled back.

"I'm 16 years old. I'm not a child any-"

King Triton raised his voice and said, "Don't you take that tone of voice with me, young lady! As long as you live under my ocean, you'll obey my rules!"

Ariel clicked her tongue in frustration. "But if you would just listen-"

"Not another word! And I'm never, never going to beat of you going to the surface again. Is that clear?"

Ariels lips trembled and she fled the scene with Flounder behind her.

Flounder helped her get the coral colored bag and they made sure no one was around before heading to their secret place.

She moved the rock that covered the entrance of the cave, looking around once more before going in. The rock closed behind her. She looked up at the blue tinted cave. It would be lightless for not the hole at the top. It was too small for Ariel to fit through but let in enough light to luminate the cave. The moonlight reflected off the many shiny, human objects held inside. There were rows upon rows of the many artifacts and trinkets Ariel had collected over the years. Her collection. Precious and dear to her heart.

Ariel often times came to dote upon them, looking through and organizing the hundreds of items. But today sh did not. She laid over a rock at the bottom, inspecting the dinglehopper sadly.