3: Captain, If You Please

"On your feet," said a stern voice. Jack slowly trailed his eyes up the sword and onto the face of a man who showed clear disgust for him.

Jack held up his hands and stepped backwards.

A man in fine attire, with a large hat and a feather bluer than the foggy sky, came forward. "Elizabeth. Are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm fine," said Elizabeth as a blanket was draped over her slender shoulders.

The man glanced at Ponytail and the corset in his hand. He swiftly dropped it and pointed at Jack.

Without a second though the feathered man said, "shoot him."

"Father!" Said Elizabeth. She looked at the other gentleman who had held his sword to Jack. "Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?"

The commodore seemed to think it over and retracted his sword.

Jack gave Elizabeth an appreciative look. And looked at the commodore smugly.

"I believe thanks are in order." The commodore held out his hand to a hesitant Jack. When Jack took it, the commodore pulled him in and pulled up his sleeve, revealing the pink "p" burn. "Had a brush wit the East India Trading Company, did we, pirate?"

Jack winced internally.

"Hang him," said Elizabeth's father.

Jack turned to him, an offended look plastered on his face.

"Keep your guns on him," said the commodore. "Gillette, fetch some irons." He pulled up Jacks Sleeve further, revealing a tattoo of a sparrows over water. It was one that symbolized a sailors gratefulness for returning to sea. Jack had gotten it ironically since it was the sea he yearned for when he was on land. "Well, well. Jack Sparrow, isn't it?"

Jack smiled weakly. "Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please, sir."

The commodore looked around mockingly. "I don't see your ship, Captain."

"I'm in the market, as it were." Jack looked at him acutely. Almost challengingly.

"He said he's come to commandeer one," said Ponytail.

"Told you he was telling the truth," said Chubby. Then he showed the commodore Jacks effects. "These are his, sir."

Jack held back from taking his effects from the commodores hands as he inspected them.

The commodore took the gun. "No additional shots not powder." He took Jacks compass. "A compass that doesn't point north." He smiled in a jesters way.

Little did he know the compass' true value, not having noted that it had pointed at Jack.

The commodore continued, unsheathing Jacks sword. "And I half expected it to be made of wood." He shoved it back in. "You are without doubt the worst pirate I have ever heard of."

Jack smiled. "But you have heard of me."

At this, the commodore grabbed him and pulled him towards Gillette. All the while Elizabeth walked after them saying,

"Commodore, I really must protest."

Gillette helped Jack into his irons. "Carefully lieutenant," said the Commodore.

Elizabeth stood in front of Jack and said, "pirate or not, this man saved my life."

"On good deed does not redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness."

"Though it seems enough to condemn him," Jack said.

"Indeed."

Gillette finished putting Jack in his irons. "Finally." Jack used the linked part to tie the irons around Elizabeth's neck, causing her to gasp.