2 - Vengeance

Amelia was sat in the compound common area tracing her scars again when the rumbling began. Her glass of water on the coffee table was shaking vigorously and when she looked outside the trees were being blown in a heavy wind. The woman lifted herself up with furrowed brows to take a look outside. When she did look, a giant ship was descending from the sky, being carried by a golden light. It was Carol. Her jaw dropped in shock.

"Steve!" she yelled out through the compound. Amelia teleported to her room, pulled on some shoes and then ran back through the hallways to gain everyone's attention. "Nat! Pepper! Guys, she's back!"

She was the first outside, teleporting through her flames. Then Pepper came running out, quickly clutching Amelia as the two hoped to all hell that Tony was finally back with them. Nat and Steve closely followed her, then Rhodey and Bruce. When Carol carefully dropped the ship and turned to look at them, Amelia gave her a grateful smile and mouthed 'thank you', to which Carol smiled back.

Amelia ran to the ship first, pulling her malnourished brother from a blue woman's arms as he descended the steps. She pulled him into a tight embrace that he returned with a heavy sigh.

"I thought you were dead," she sobbed. "I'm sorry. I couldn't stop him."

"Neither could I," he replied. He pulled back and Amelia gripped his face in her hands, placing a kiss on his cheek as she had done with his fire form that she had said goodbye to just a few days before. "I lost the kid."

"Peter?" Amelia asked. Tony nodded. She closed her eyes for a second and tried not to cry harder. "I'm sorry. I lost Wanda too. We lost, Tones."

Tony's eyes were so full of defeat. Amelia felt a weight off her shoulders now that she knew for sure that her brother was alive and he was standing right in front of her. It didn't change everything they had already lost thought. Tony cleared his throat, his voice quiet.

"Is, umm..."

"Oh, my God!" Pepper cried out as she ran for her fiance. Amelia stepped aside so that the two could embrace. Tony let out a heavy, relieved sigh at knowing both of his girls were ok. He gave Pepper a kiss on the cheek as they began to walk inside.

Amelia sat at the table with her brother as the team gathered to finally have a discussion about the state of the world

Amelia sat at the table with her brother as the team gathered to finally have a discussion about the state of the world. Tony had received medical treatment and was hooked up to an IV to replenish the nutrients he'd lost in the time he was stuck in space. The pair hadn't let go of each other's hands ever since he'd let go of Pepper's. They'd barely even gotten a chance to catch up since Amelia had spent her past two years in space.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth," Rhodey announced. The faces of the fallen were being projected in front of the team. The siblings looked away when Wanda and Peter's faces showed.

"World governments are in pieces," Nat continued. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census, and it looks like he did... He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out... fifty percent of all living creatures."