5 - Party Crashers

Amelia laid across the sofa watching the news while Tony kept working on the suit. She had procured an ice pack for him, which he now held to his head, after his ungraceful landing and he had told her never to speak of it again.

"Notes. Main transducer feels sluggish at plus 40 altitude. Hull pressurization is problematic. I'm thinking icing is the probable factor," Tony muttered to himself and JARVIS.

"A very astute observation, sir. Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystems."

"Connect to the sys. co. Have it reconfigure the shell metals. Use the gold titanium alloy from the seraphim tactical satellite. That should ensure a fuselage integrity while maintaining power-to-weight ratio. Got it?"

"So many words," Amelia groaned.

"Yes. Shall I render using proposed specifications?" JARVIS asked.

"Thrill me," Tony answered as he increased the volume of the TV.

"Tonight's red-hot red carpet is right here at the Disney Concert Hall, where the Stark's third annual benefit for the Firefighter's Family Fund has become the place to be for L.A.'s high society."

"You know Pepper is there," Amelia told her brother.

"She is?"

"...hasn't been seen in public since his bizarre and highly controversial press conference, nor has his sister. Some claim the man is suffering from post-traumatic stress and has been bedridden for weeks. Whatever the case may be, no one expects an appearance from either of the Starks tonight."

"Maybe we would show up if we were actually invited," she snarked. "And yes, she is. She texted me about it."

"She never texts me," Tony said in a mock offended voice.

"Maybe you should text her," Amelia suggested.

"I don't text anyone. JARVIS, we get an invite for that?"

"I have no record of an invitation sir."

"I already said that," she cut in. Tony threw his ice pack at her as she approached his desk.

"The render is complete." Both Starks stared at the golden model of the suit.

"A little ostentatious, don't you think?" Tony pointed out.

"What was I thinking? You're usually so discreet," JARVIS replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Throw a little hot-rod red in there," Amelia told him and her brother smirked at her.

"Yes, that should help you keep a low profile. The render is complete."

"Hey, I like it. Fabricate it. Paint it."

"Commencing automated assembly. Estimated completion time is five hours."

"Don't wait up for me, honey," Tony said. He then pointed at his sister. "Put on a nice dress."