5 - Revengers Assemble

Hulk called Valkyrie up to his room so that Thor could talk to her. Both Amelia and he hid in the corner of the room as she greeted Hulk, the two of them clearly having a strong relationship. They playfought with each other until Thor decided to reveal himself, giving the woman an awkward wave. Her smile dropped and she moved to leave again.

"You're so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone?" she questioned.

"We need to talk," Thor sighed.

"No, you wanna talk to me."

"I need her to stay," Thor told the Hulk, who promptly ripped out a part of his bed frame and threw it Valkyrie's way.

"Stay," he requested. "Please."

"Please," Thor echoed. The woman gazed at Amelia who shrugged.

"At least they've got manners."

"Alright," she said. Valkyrie moved back into the room and walked over to the many bottles on Hulk's shelves. She picked up a large one. "Here's the deal. I'll listen to you till this is empty."

She began drinking while Thor began explaining. It was like a race to see who could finish first.

"Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. I need your help-"

Within five seconds, she had already finished it. Amelia let out a breathy laughed as the woman coughed before letting the bottle smash on the floor.

"Finished. Bye."

"Odin is dead," Thor called out. The Stark could see pain flash across his face at having to mention his father. But it made Valkyrie stop in her tracks. "Hela, the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard."

"If Hela's back, then Asgard's already lost."

"I'm going to stop her," Thor assured.

"Alone?" she questioned.

"Nope," he responded. "I'm putting together a team. It's me, you, Amelia and the big guy."

"No," Hulk said as he threw a bouncy ball against the wall. "No team. Only hulk."

"It's me, Amelia and you," Thor corrected.

"I think it's only you and her," Valkyrie recorrected and moved to leave the room once more.

"Please, listen," Thor pleaded, grabbing her arm to stop her. "The Valkyrie are legend. Elite warriors of Asgard sworn to defend the throne."

"I'm not getting dragged into another one of Odin's family squabbles."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Your sister," she explained. "Her power comes from Asgard, same as yours. When it grew beyond Odin's control she massacred everyone in the palace and tried to seize the throne. When she tried to escape her banishment he sent the Valkyrie in to fight her back. I only survived because... Look, I already faced her once back when I believed in the throne, and it cost me everything. That's what's wrong with Asgard. The throne, the secrets, the whole golden sham."

"I agree," Thor sighed and grabbed her wrist again. She swatted him away and put a dagger to his throat.

"Don't get familiar."

"I agree," he repeated. "That's why I turned down the throne. But this isn't about the crown. This is about the people. They're dying and they're your people, too."

"Forget it," she said. "I have."

"Okay."

"Good."