4 - Divided We Stand

"Wait up, Cap!" Amelia called after him. "If you're about to go snooping, I want in."

"You're not gonna do computer stuff with your brother?" he asked as she fell in line with his step.

"Tony was doing his computer stuff before he even got here," she told him. "And I'm bored. It's time to do this the old-fashioned way. If we don't find anything, we'll see what Tony digs up."

"Come on," he said after a beat and began to walk off, heading to the hull of the ship. The two walked in silence for a while before Amelia spoke again.

"You know, our dad talked about you a lot," she told him as he pried open a heavy metal door.

"What did he say?" Steve asked. The two stepped inside the room, looking around at all the large metal crates stacked in rows.

"Only good things," she replied. "He called you a hero all the time, told us stories of your excellence. It gave Tony and me a lot to live up to."

Steve looked at her with an unreadable expression on his face. He looked up at the upper level of the warehouse before looking back to her. "Need a lift?"

Amelia scoffed and took a step back for a short running start before jumping to the upper railing. She looked back down at him. "You're not the only superhuman anymore, Cap."

He raised his eyebrow and gave a nod before jumping up himself. The two continued to wall through the warehouse.

"Howard was a good man," Steve finally said. "I'm sorry you lost him."

"I was only ten," she confided in him. "I didn't know him as well as a daughter should. Most of it came from either Tony or videos of him. It's a warped view. I've always been confused about it. About being a Stark, even."

"How so?" he asked as he came to a stop. "Surely it's good to be a Stark. You've made quite the name for yourselves."

"Our family name is synonymous with death and destruction," Amelia said as she opened the lid to one of the crates, Steve another. "I don't want that for us, and I don't want that for the world. I don't mean to sound egotistical, but Tony and I have a lot to offer if we just did it right. Like, for a start, Stark Industries no longer selling weapons."

Then, she looked down and saw the weapons inside the crate, all stamped with the HYDRA logo. She gulped. Steve clenched his jaw in anger.

"And yet here we are," she whispered. "Looking at some right now."

"What is PHASE 2?" Amelia heard Tony ask, her and Steve walking back into the lab

"PHASE 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Amelia growled as Steve slammed an assault rifle they had found down on the table.

"Sorry," he said to Tony. "The computer was moving a little too slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-"