7 - Showtime

They had taken Trevor's speedboat and headed down the Miami river towards their destination. Tony had called the vice president and warned him of AIM's hijacking of the Iron Patriot suit and the current danger the president was in.

"We've got to make a decision," Rhodey said. "We can either save the president or Pepper. We can't do both."

"Why not?" Amelia asked and looked to her brother, just as JARVIS spoke through the suit.

"Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived, and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak."

"Is the safe still intact, J?" she inquired.

"It is, miss."

"And the suit I'm wearing?" Tony asked.

"The armour is now at 92%."

"That's going to have to do," he said and pulled at the wires that had been charging it. He then exited the suit and began to control it remotely.

Amelia watched as he sent his suit off to the plane to hopefully rescue the president. By the time it had gotten there, it was too late, but he had ended up saving 13 people from falling to their deaths. All the while, Rhodey kept the boat heading towards Pepper.

"That came out of nowhere," Tony said as the connection to his suit was severed. He turned to his sister, who hadn't seen but could speculate that the suit had been hit.

"Good job," she sighed, hugging him from behind. "I'm proud of you."

Rhodey opened the door to the boat cabin. "Give me some good news."

"He saved everyone," she told him and Rhodey's face lit up. "But he missed the president."

"Oh, god," he whispered, turning away in disappointment. "You couldn't save the president with the suit, how are we gonna save Pepper with nothing?"

"Not nothing," Amelia said after Rhodey had wandered off. Her brother smiled brightly at her.

"Say, JARVIS, is it that time?"

"The house party protocol, sir?"

"Correct."

"Open the safe while you're at it, JARVIS," Amelia instructed. "Have one of the bots pick up my suit. I think Inferno is ready to make her return."

While Amelia could have flown in, she decided to sneak with Tony and Rhodey in order to keep a low profile

While Amelia could have flown in, she decided to sneak with Tony and Rhodey in order to keep a low profile. Both of the men were equipped with guns, while she was ready to set anything alight at a moment's notice. She didn't know what had changed - maybe it was the fact that her best friend was currently trapped somewhere on the boat with Extremis in her veins - but she had a newfound determination that made her anxiety seem non-existent for the time being.

"You're not gonna freak out on me, right?" Rhodey asked Tony. She had thought the same thing herself. Except for the incident with their entire house being blown up, her own emotions expressed themselves as anger. That was something she could use. Meanwhile, Tony tended to shut down completely.