3 - Everyone's Mad At Tony

Both Stark siblings stood in front of one of the wrecked Legionnaire in the lab. Tony was gripping the sides of the table with his hands, stress written clearly on his face. The rest of the team had gathered also, all mingling around waiting for Thor's return from checking on the remaining members of the Iron Legion.

"You didn't tell me about this," she whispered to him, neither of them moving their gaze from the destroyed bot in front of them.

"You were a little busy not telling me about your date with the sceptre," he retorted. She pursed her lips and nodded. Fair enough.

"All our work is gone," Bruce said. "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron," Steve echoed quietly. Amelia could tell he was pissed off.

"He's been in everything," Natasha explained.  "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet," Rhodey repeated. "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes," Maria said.

"Nuclear codes," he echoed. "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

Tony pushed himself off the table, giving his sister a quick glance. Both had pained expressions because, silently, they were mourning a digital friend. Amelia had tried to access JARVIS through her bracelet multiple times but he hadn't responded.

"Nukes?" Natasha questioned. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead, he said extinct," Steve corrected.

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint added

"There wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes, there was," Amelia cut in. She nudged her brother, who then brought up a hologram of JARVIS in the centre of the room. He was completely torn apart by Ultron.

"What?" Bruce whispered. He looked to Tony. "This is insane."

"JARVIS was the first line of defence," Steve sighed. "He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."

"No," Bruce disagreed. "Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage."

At that moment, Thor came stomping back into the room, making a beeline for Tony. Seeing the anger on his face, Amelia put herself in his way. He pushed her aside and grabbed Tony by the neck and lifted him up

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"It's going around."

"Come on, use your words, buddy," Tony insisted, his voice strained from the hand squeezing his throat. Amelia held up a flaming fist.

"Don't make me singe your hair, Thor. Put him down."

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark," Thor said, ignoring his fiery friend.

"Thor!" Steve called out. "The Legionnaire."

With one look at Amelia, her eyes now narrowed at the god, he dropped the man back down to his feet. Amelia patted both of them on the shoulder with a heavy sigh.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north," Thor explained. "And it has the sceptre. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"Genie's out of that bottle," Natasha remarked. "Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand," Helen said, observing the bot on the table. "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

Tony began chuckling as he typed away at one of his computers. Both Bruce and Amelia shook their heads at him. Amelia knew her brother well enough to know that he didn't actually find this funny. He was just trying to hide his own worry. However, the team didn't see it that way.