"I would have, but I couldn't get a word in edgewise." Rubbing her shoulder, Lisa rounded the coffee table. She sat next to me and wrapped one arm around me. "Girls, you remember Jennie?"

"Sure," Seulgi said. "Hello, Jennie. Nice to see you again."

"Um, yes. Nice to see you too." I struggled not to blush under the women's curious gazes. I realized I wasn't wearing shoes, and my shirt had more wrinkles than Methuselah's face. I peeked over at Lisa.

Her clothes were just as rumpled, and her lips looked as if they had been thoroughly kissed.

Oh God, how embarrassing.

The smaller woman giggled and exchanged a long glance with her wife. "It seems we shouldn't have worried."

"No," Lisa said. She brushed the back of her fingers over my cheek. "No need to worry. I've never been better."

For a second, I forgot about the two visitors as I looked into Lisa's eyes.

Someone cleared her throat.

"You could have told us, you know?" Seulgi said. "We would have been happy for you. We are happy for you."

"I know," Lisa said. "It's just that it's all still pretty new for us, especially for Jennie."

"All right. We'll leave you two lovebirds alone." Seulgi tugged on her wife's hand.

"Yes." The smaller woman chuckled and tugged back. "We're going." Seulgi walked toward the couch and hugged Lisa. "Don't be a stranger. Call us, and we'll all have dinner together." Then she pulled back and looked at me. Her gaze was soft. After a moment, she leaned down again and hugged me too.

I stiffened, not used to being hugged, then wrapped my arms around the woman's shoulders and gave her an awkward hug.

"Take good care of her," Seulgi whispered.

I nodded and drew back, only to be pulled into another hug by Seulgi's wife. Dazed, I watched as Lisa led them to the door.

"I'm sorry," Lisa said as she returned to the couch. "I didn't want them to find out this way, but I wasn't sure if you're ready to have everyone know about us."

I sank back onto the couch and again cuddled up to Lisa.

"It's okay," I mumbled against her shoulder. No wonder she had hesitated to tell her friends. After that disaster when Nikki had found out, I hadn't been eager to face the rest of the world.

Coward. It can't go on like this forever. Lisa will run out of patience with you. I tightened my hold on Lisa.

"Hey." she rubbed my shoulder. "Why are you so tense? I hope it was okay that Seulgi and Irene found out about us."

I consciously settled my shoulders into a more relaxed stance. "It's fine. They seem like really good friends."

"They are." Lisa looked me in the eyes. "What is it, then? You would tell me if you weren't comfortable with this, right?" She trailed her hand down my back.

I rested my hand against Lisa side. For a moment, I allowed myself to enjoy the warmth and the softness and the hint of firmness beneath.

"It's not that. I promise." I replied.

Lisa had made sure I was comfortable with the progress of our physical relationship. With Lisa, kissing hadn't instantly led to sex. She gave me the freedom to explore, go at my own pace, and enjoy the moment.