"I gotta ask, how many times did you practice that speech with Draken?" Akira asked, laughing as he spoke before Mikey lightly punched his side, mumbling a small 'I didn't' before Silence took over, the two staring up to the sky. This was it, the worry of the oncoming conflict, of Akira's brother leaving, and the returning faces washing from their minds. They sat together for a few minutes before Mikey spoke,

"I- I practiced all night last night," Mikey admitted, Akira busting into a fit of laughter.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

The sapphire blue eyes of Akira Baji fluttered open as he groaned, feeling the hardwood underneath him hurt his back. His eyes traveled the walls of the room, looking for the clock that he knew would be there.

"Oh, good morning sunshine." Asahi's voice echoed throughout the room causing Akira to tilt his head back, finding Asahi standing in the doorway wearing pajama pants. His hair clung onto his forehead, having just gotten out of the shower.

"Mmm." Akira hummed before yawning as his eyes closed, feeling the urge to return to the comfort of sleep. He snuggled into the blankets on the floor before Asahi sighed, walking over to him and lightly kicking him.

"'Suya is coming over and he's bringing Smiley and Draken. They wanna grab breakfast, you coming?" Asahi asked causing the lump of covers to move before Akira climbed to his feet.

"Ima shower." He yawned as Asahi patted him on the head mumbling a small 'atta boy' before heading into his bedroom to get dressed. The two prepared for visitors, Akira getting dressed in a simple white T-shirt and jeans.

He walked from the bathroom, rolling his head on his shoulders as he heard the doorbell echo throughout Asahi's home. He smiled to himself, hearing familiar voices coming from the doorway.

"Yo, where's Ki?" Mitsuya's voice asked Asahi who shrugged, pulling his shoes on as he prepared to leave for breakfast.

"Present," Akira said, a lazy smile on his face as he dabbed Mitsuya up, looking to Draken who gave the shorter boy a pat on the head, Akira rolling his eyes.

"Aki!! How're you doing my man? You're wet." Smiley spoke causing Akira to chuckle, dabbing the boy up.

"Good, I'm good, very ready for a nice break from all the drama," Akira spoke causing the orange-haired boy to nod, his hair kind of flopping around.

"Yeah, I bet! I nearly lost my mind when that new tall fucker pushed you! Kinda wish Asahi would've rocked his shit." Smiley spoke, Akira chuckling as he nodded, looking to the silver-haired boy who shrugged.

"Chromedome over there didn't want me to." Asahi spoke, motioning to Mitsuya who was staring down at his phone with a light smile.

"I would bet my life if either of them touched you, he'd be all over them." Smiley joked as Asahi and Akira both walked from the home, Asahi locking the door. Mitsuya rolled his eyes at the words, dismissing them quickly.

The five went to breakfast, simply enjoying each other's company. They didn't talk about the upcoming war nor Baji leaving Toman. It wasn't the captains of toman having a strategy meeting, it was just five friends trying their best to have fun.

"Pfffft, really?! You really wanna do that?" Draken asked the silver-haired boy across the table who nodded, his mouth full of food.

"It's been his dream since I met him, you should try his cooking- then you'll understand," Akira spoke before taking a drink of his water. Mitsuya looked at the boy sitting in between him and Akira, narrowing his eyes at Asahi.