Chapter 24 - The Secret Malfoy Wedding

Start from the beginning

"Mr........Draco Malfoy?" The man asked as Draco walked up with Harriet.

"That's correct." Draco nodded formally, "They said you'd be waiting here for us."

"And I trust this is the bride?" The man asked as he smiled over at Harriet.

"That's also correct." Draco nodded, "This is my fiancé, Harriet Potter."

"Very well, then." The man nodded with a smile at the couple, "You two have chosen a beautiful setting to elope! The Isle of Skye attracts many visitors......Though most people do come during the day....that's alright! You can see the waterfall better at night anyway!"

Draco nodded quickly and the man saw from the scowl on his customer's face that the couple seemed eager to proceed.

"Very well!" The man said as he opened up the envelope that he held and ordered the couple, "Kindly take each other's hands and face one another, if you will."

Harriet let out a small gasp as Draco grabbed hold of her hands and faced her as formally as a soldier standing at attention.

"Now, then, repeat after me, sir," The man prompted Draco, "I, Draco Malfoy, boldly state...."

"I, Draco Malfoy, boldly state." Draco echoed.

"That you, Harriet Potter, are bone of my bone and blood of my blood." The man nodded.

"That you, Harriet Potter, are bone of my bone and blood of my blood." Draco nodded.

"I give you my body, Harriet Potter," The man nodded at Draco.

"I give you my body, Harriet Potter." Draco repeated, and as he did, his grey eyes shimmered at Harriet in the moonlight and she grinned.

"That we two might be one." The man nodded.

"That we two might be one." Echoed Draco.

"I give you my spirit, Harriet Potter." The man coached, "Until our lives shall be done."

"I give you my spirit, Harriet Potter," Draco said to Harriet and as he spoke, his grip on her fingers tightened, ".........Until our lives shall be done."

The last line that Draco spoke was more emotional than either of them had anticipated and Harriet felt tears water in her eyes as Draco gave her a tense scowl of deep admiration and devoted determination.

"No rings?" The man asked Draco.

"No." Draco hissed in an irritated tone, vexed that the man had spoken and interrupted his special second with Harriet, "No rings."

Draco turned back to Harriet and the wedding officiant nodded.

"Now, then, Miss Potter, let's help you become Mrs. Malfoy, shall we?" The man asked as he turned to Harriet, "Repeat after me, "I, Harriet Potter......"

"Thank you for your help, sir, but I think I can remember it well enough." Harriet said politely.

The wedding officiant nodded in understanding and respectfully silenced himself so the bride could speak her vows to her groom.

Harriet's green gaze bore into Draco's grey eyes as she declared with absolute seriousness, "I, Harriet Potter, boldly state that you, Draco Malfoy, are bone of my bone and blood of my blood. I give you my body, Draco Malfoy, that we two might be one. I give you my spirit, Draco Malfoy, until our lives shall be done."

As they stood there, in the middle of their marriage ceremony, with the waterfall gushing behind them, it was a very powerful moment for both Draco and Harriet.