Smiling softly, Jungkook reached out a tender hand to wipe the tears from Jimin's cheeks, his hand gentle and caring as he tried to soothe our unhappy mate. "There's really nothing to forgive. I made the decision to come with you, to think unkind thoughts about the person who had been so amazing to me. I let it get to my head. That's my fault, not yours." Jimin went to protest, but Jungkook stopped him, gently placing a finger against his plush lips. "No. I could have stayed with Y/N, but I didn't. I chose to come with you. I hold myself responsible for making that decision. I was just scared she was going to leave me and I let my fear get the better of me, take over my common sense."

Stunned by the conversation between my mates, I didn't know what to say. What is going on here? Is Jimin really saying what I hope he is? Does he really want her? My mind raced with all the possibilities of what could happen. Were... were we going to all be together now? Was I finally going to get the chance to know my human mate? Could it really work out the way I wanted it to? Or was it just a single incident and everything would change tomorrow? I just didn't know. I just know I wanted to see Y/N.

***

That chance came sooner than I expected. The next morning, I was heading into the coffee shop when I saw a familiar face at the bakery across the street. Y/N was exiting with a cup of coffee in her hands and my heart clenched a little knowing that she was choosing to get her coffee there instead of taking the risk of seeing me again. Would she react differently after talking to Jimin? Would she give me another chance? I looked over at Owen who nodded and gestured towards my mate.

"Go on Tae. Go see your mate. Take your time." Owen patted my shoulder and headed into the coffee shop. I watched him for a second, surprised by his perceptive behavior, but knowing deep down that he understood the situation. Not wanting to waste any more time, I crossed the streets, my steps quick, trying to catch up to her before she disappeared.

"Y/N?" I called out her name as I hurried towards her and she turned to face me, her eyes wide in surprise. "Please. Please talk to me."

"Um... hi." Y/N's voice was hesitant and I could see she was worried, worried about being seen with me, worried about Jimin's reaction, but I needed to spend time with her.

Twisting my fingers together in front of me, I tried to think of how to start the conversation. "How... how are you? Joon said... said you were sick a little while ago?"

Y/N smiled softly. "I feel much better. Thank you for asking. Just a simple bug."

From her polite tone, I knew she was reluctant to open up to me, to let me in and I didn't know how to make it better. "I'm glad to hear that. And I'm really happy to see you. I've... I've missed you. A lot. And so has Kookie. He's... he's miserable without you."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Y/N's eyes were sad and I could see from the expression on her face that she missed him just as much, that she clearly loved him just as much as he loved her.

"Y/N? I'm really sorry. We all are." Y/N's cocked an eyebrow in confusion so I hurried to explain. "I'm so sorry for not standing up for you against Jimin, for not speaking up when Kookie decided to move in with us. I'm... I'm just so sorry for all of it."

Y/N took a step towards me and swiped a thumb under my eye, wiping away the tears I didn't even notice had started to fall. "Don't apologize for anything. I understand why your mate didn't trust me. I hold no anger towards him. He didn't have good relationships with humans so why would he trust me? And definitely don't apologize for Jungkook. He made the decision to leave and I understand why he did. It's okay."

My heart swelled with love for her, for her gentle understanding of the whole situation. She had every right to be angry with us, but instead she was patient, compassionate, and held no anger for any of us. I knew right then that I didn't deserve her, but I would do everything I could to become worthy of her. I knew Jungkook loved her, had the time to get to know her, to fall for her. I could see it in Jimin's eyes, feel it in my own heart that we were right on the edge. All it would take is one gentle push, one simple action of love on her part, and we would fall and fall hard. Although I was worried that she wouldn't want me, I knew right then that I was willing to take the risk.