Just by those files, Chaeyoung could see that the Zhou Empire was a very well-established company that specialized in power. Literally. Plantations and energy factories were their top business. However, it all was just a front for their illegal diamond mine and firearm businesses in various countries.

"Ashton is remarkable." Lisa blurted out after seeing the amount of money that their illegal business was bringing to the Zhou Family.

"He had no choice." Chaeyoung said. "He has offended the Vercello Family."

"You mean?"

"Yes… he might not survive this night." Chaeyoung looked at the window, her gaze becoming dark. The smile on her face that was plastered not too long ago was gone, replaced with coldness. "He did not say it, but for some reason, he has offended the Vercello Family. That's the main reason he wanted to hide and have a new life."

"How did you know that?" Lisa asked even she was not able to get to that kind of conclusion just from Ashton's words.

"It is nothing but an assumption. But think about it. With these resources in hand, who would he fear in the underworld?" Chaeyoung smiled at her as she watched the confusion on Lisa's face vanish. "He offended someone powerful. Someone capable of killing him and his family. Did you see the fear in his eyes when he was talking about the Vercello's?"

"I noticed. I thought it is only normal since he was exposed to the things that the Vercello's has done in the underworld."

"Nah... that was a different kind of fear." She explained before looking at her computer. "I am planning to make a trip to the headquarters of the Zhou Empire after I talk to mother."

"I am fine now. We can go ahead and talk to mother as soon as possible," Lisa said, feeling a little gloomy inside. The feeling of incompetence once again knocked her heart. For some reason, Lisa was starting to feel that she was holding Chaeyoung back.

"What are you thinking?" She asked after sensing Lisa's change of mood. Then, her eyes widened as she realized what Lisa was thinking about. She immediately turned her body towards her and hooked her arms around Lisa's neck. "Lili… I am nothing without you. Always remember that!"

Seeing Lisa narrow her eyes at her, Chaeyoung immediately laughed. "Alright... That's not true. Hahahah."

"Seriously… how could I accomplish all of this without you?" She beamed at Lisa.

"Hmmmm… My good looks are indeed very beneficial."

Chaeyoung widened her eyes at her wife's words. "Mrs. Manoban... I did not know that you had this side of you."

"What side?" Lisa feigned ignorance. "Don't tell me you were about to call me a narcissist?"

"Good guess!"

"Mrs. Manoban… I am not a narcissist." Lisa pursed her lips at her.

Once again, Chaeyoung laughed at her reaction. "Saying that you are not a narcissist just proves that you are one."

"Alright, Mrs. Manoban… let me ask you this… do you know that a narcissist means loving oneself too much?"

"Of course!"

"Then, answer me… how can I love myself that much when I have already given every bit of love that I have to you?"

"..." Chaeyoung cringe at her wife's words.

......

On the next day, Chaeyoung went to have a meeting with the ministers to inform them about her plans. However, to everyone's surprise, Chaeyoung did not show her true self to the ministers. Instead, she used software that she was able to develop before. It was a hologram video calling software that could be used on a computer.