Chapter 17

***

Jungkook stared at the contrasting pixels of black and white in front of him.

For some reason, he felt nervous and maybe a little excited. Though this is not his first time seeing someone hack into a phone, this is the first time that he watching someone as proficient as Chaeyoung.

Jungkook is also feeling proud and ecstatic. He did not choose the wrong boss after all. She is not only rich and beautiful, but she is also very smart and talented.

Suddenly, hysteric laughter broke out. It was clearly a laughter of triumph.

"Finally!" Chaeyoung was beaming from ear to ear.

"So, am... again, May I know why you asked me to come? I mean... you can obviously do it all by yourself." Jungkook said. Although he is very happy to witness this scene, he is also very uncomfortable.

Lisa is still staring at him and Chaeyoung seemed oblivious of it.

"Hmmm... I am doing the illegal stuff. But I need someone to watch it. In a while, she will call someone and I want you to listen to the call, then record and trace it."

"..."

Seeing that Jungkook seemed to blank out. Chaeyoung immediately clarified.

"Oh... for evidence purposes." She shrugged.

"I... I mean can we even do that? Can we listen to their conversation?"

"Why not?" Chaeyoung let out a giggle. "I didn't let you do the illegal stuff so this should be fine right?"

"..."

"Don't worry, No one will know. I mean I won't tell anyone." She gives him a victorious smile.

Jungkook looked at Chaeyoung then fixed his gaze at Lisa. What if Miss Manoban will betray them?

Chaeyoung is playing with the country's satellite. This could land them into prison. Although he used to hack into companies before, it is nowhere as dangerous as this.

Understanding what Jungkook wants to say, Chaeyoung immediately walk towards Lisa.

The moment that Lisa sense Chaeyoung walking towards her direction her whole aura immediately change. Her gaze turned as gentle as they can be.

"Don't worry about Lisa. I can trust her." Chaeyoung said, her face solemn. She does not understand Lisa yet. But she will. She knows she will. Soon.

"So, yeah. I will leave you here with Jin. Do not! And I mean it. Don't take your eyes off that monitor. She will call him any second now." She continued. Then she drags Lisa into her room.

Leaving a stunned Jungkook and Jin inside the mansion's guest room.

The walked towards Chaeyoung's room is actually pretty short. After a few seconds, they were already inside her room.

Chaeyoung made sure to lock her room before she sat down, resting her elbows on the small study table in her room.

"So? Aren't you going to tell me what you know?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.