Chapter 87

***

After a few hours of working on her laptop, Chaeyoung decided to go to Wang Empire for the scheduled board meeting, while Lisa went to take care of some matters at MC Oils.

Chaeyoung arrived at Wang Empire with three bodyguards accompanying her. Lisa insisted on tripling Chaeyoung's security. Aside from Jin and Wang Bolin, there were other people watching her in the shadows, and additional people following her. Chaeyoung personally found this arrangement a little extravagant, however, she also understood that it was Lisa's way of keeping her secure. She also knew that after their past life's events, Lisa had developed an intense fear of losing her again.

"You wait here," she said to the three men following her when she arrived at the entrance of the board of directors meeting room. Then, she checked the time and shook her head: she was two minutes late.

She opened the door and greeted everyone with a dashing smile.

"You are late." Someone blurted out, making Chaeyoung swallow all the greetings that she had in mind.

"Sorry. Would you rather have me go home now?" she sarcastically asked, walking towards the seat at the head of the table.

The speaker almost choked when he heard Chaeyoung's words. He couldn't help, but regret his words. He shouldn't have been too confident and trusted Mr. Lu's words a while ago.

"Since you don't want me to go home, then shall we start?" he heard Chaeyoung ask.

"First and foremost, we have already decided to fire you yesterday. So, you have no right to be here." Mr. Lu immediately said. Although he was shocked to see the news yesterday, he was also relieved that many of the board members had already agreed to replace Chaeyoung, before the face slapping show happened. Somehow, he was confident that Chaeyoung wouldn't be able to turn the tables.

After all, Mr. Lu had found a valid reason to fire her, aside from the scandal.

"Nah... first and foremost, my family owns more than half of this company. Secondly, I have started this company with my cousin, not even three months ago and we have already doubled all the profits from both Choi Conglomerate and Wang Group. Even our running profit today is enough to buy all of your stocks at hand. So I don't really need you to tell me what rights I have Mr. Lu because trust me, I know..." she answered, her gaze steady and confident. She might have been young, but Chaeyoung was a very shrewd woman when it came to business.

Since its founding, Wang Empire gained the attention of the whole tech industry for its' steadily increasing profits and innovative products. Products like the Devouring Virus and some other software created by Jimin and Jungkook.

Mr. Lu frowned at Chaeyoung's answer. He did not expect her to be this eloquent. However, he immediately composed himself when he thought about the person backing him. "Ehem... you are not suitable to be our CEO, your actions could damage our brand."

"Like what?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Like killing your stepmother." Mr. Lu answered confidently. He even had photos of the police officers going out of Chaeyoung's house. Although he couldn't prove that Chaeyoung indeed had killed Sunmi, he could still use that to point out the fact that Chaeyoung was attracting too much trouble. However, before he could say anything, Chaeyoung burst into a puddle of laughter.