Chapter 88

***

The restaurant was already full when Yuri and Claire arrived. However, that was not a problem since Yuri had already made preparations ahead of time.

"This is beautiful!" Claire stated the moment they arrived at the patio of the restaurant. From the patio, one could see the softly golden sand, with small lapping waves of the ocean. It was autumn, almost winter, so the sun was almost out. Yet, it was warm. The sky was clear and cozy.

"This was your favorite place in the country." Yuri said while holding hands with Claire. Henry had only allowed them to dine for two hours. They were currently in a restaurant, almost a mile away from the port, as Henry had ordered. Everything had already been arranged, from transportation to the people that were guarding them.

There was a total of five people, disguised as guests, sitting next to their table. Also, there were another five people outside of the restaurant, waiting for them.

Yuri sneered at the thought of how careful Henry was with Claire. Did he think that Yuri would not found a way to kill Claire if she wanted to?

She was planning to give Claire a slow acting poison. It will only show effect three hours after it had been taken and by then it would be too late. In just two hours after someone took this poison: their body would start shutting down. And by the third hour, the person's brain would bloat, causing massive internal hemorrhage. The person would either die or be in a vegetative state forever.

She was planning to give this poison to her, just before they go back to the island. Yuri was sure that by the time Claire felt the symptoms, it would be too late to save her.

"Really? I... I don't remember... I'm sorry." Claire lowered her head, just after they had taken a seat at the square table with a massive umbrella, protecting them from the nonexistent heat of the sun.

Yuri instantly held Claire's hands, squeezing them, sending some comfort to her pretended mother. "It's okay mother. It's not a problem... I understand." she smiled at her. "How about we order something?"

"Sure." Claire said meekly, as she stared at Yuri's necklace. "You have a beautiful necklace."

"Thank you, someone, gave this to me as a present after I finished filming my first movie." She answered, stroking the necklace, hanging just below her collarbone. It was not just a necklace, it contained a camera that would secretly record Claire's last moments, including this lunch with her. Yuri was planning to send the record to Chaeyoung, to let her know, to hurt her.

"That's great!" Claire responded before starting looking at the menu.

"It will take some time to cook the orders, so I have ordered your favorite ahead of time."

"Oh..." Claire nodded. "Thank you."

After a few more minutes, the duo made their order and continued talking about random things. They enjoyed the view and laughed at Yuri's silly jokes.

"This is really good." Claire said, as she took a piece of the turkey dish on her plate. "Wow. I believe you. This restaurant is indeed my favorite."

"You should try this wine. This is also your favorite." Yuri said, pouring some wine in Claire's glass.

The latter just smiled and took a small sip of the wine. "This wine is also good. Come drink with me."