Chapter 33

***

Grandfather Choi was frowning while listening to the narration of his son about Miyeon, his granddaughter.

"So? Don't tell me you're here to beg me to ask the Manoban Family to have her stay in their villa?" He asked, his tone stern and serious.

His son must be crazy if he will give in to Miyeon's antics.

For Grandfather Choi, this is not a simple matter. This stuff already happened to his daughter Wendy and he wouldn't want the history to repeat itself.

"No, Father. I told Miyeon to take it slow. I also told her to attend college abroad instead. It would be better that way."

"Hmp! Very Good. At least for once, you said no to that daughter of yours. This is what you get for spoiling her too much."

"And did she agree with you?" Granfather Choi asked.

Daniel Choi let out long sigh before nodding. "Father, don't worry... I know what I'm doing. However, how could you let elder sister come back here with Wang Guiren's suspicion?"

"What will happen if Old Man Wang will found out about what happened before? The Wang Family is not the same Wang Family five years ago."

"You know how much Jackson loved Mina. Why did you become so careless?"

"How could you give in to your daughter's wishes?"

"What if... What if they will find something that will tie the whole Choi Family to what happened years ago?

Grandfather Choi instantly frowned after his son's statement. "Do you think I am so dumb to leave any evidence? Your sister is mentally ill, all of us know that. She needed help."

"And I believe that this marriage can help her."

"I already promised to solve all this in five years, and I can't find any reason to stop her from returning anymore."

"You know how helpless I become when I am in front of your sister."

"I am just... I just fear that she will try and kill herself."

"I know I shouldn't have spoiled her to this degree, but what can I do? Your... I promised your mother that I will take care of Wendy."

"Can you blame me for loving my daughter to this degree?"

Daniel fell into silence after his father's monologue. His father always doted on Wendy since they were young. This is the reason why Wendy thinks that their father can give the world to her if she would ask for it.

Even Daniel felt helpless about her sister's antics. All of them know that she is a mental case. Yet, they are too embarrassed to admit it.

They know that it will damage their reputation and will make the Choi Family laughable to the society.

"So, are you planning to propose for another marriage for Jackson? Are you not tired of this?" Daniel asked.

"Let me tell you something..." Grandfather Choi started. "This time will be different. I have acquired some shares in the Wang Group, and I will make use of that so Wang Guiren will agree for the marriage."