47

•••

"Beastmode ulit."

I murmured when Jia refused to take my calls again. Nandito ako sa labas ng pintuan niya, waiting for her to open it.

While waiting I try to remember what caused her to be mad at me today. I was on a bar last night kasama siya and we were drinking the night away when some girl approached to kiss me. Hindi ko kilala ang girl but the quick scene was enough to anger Jia.

Gusto ko mainis kasi hindi pa ako maka-move on sa first date namin na nauwi sa love making tapos mamomoblema pa ako sa kung pa'no siya paamuhin ngayon. I want to put an end this and be able to say sorry and hug her. I'm fucking scared of losing the woman I love because of that stupid kiss.

"Jia, buksan mo na 'to. Hindi ko naman kilala 'yon." I said while knocking desperately on her door.

Seconds later, the door opened and Jia faced me with no emotion but I could tell she's mad at the scene last night.

"Jia, ikaw lang naman eh." I cooed after going inside and closing the door behind me.

"Sa harap ko pa 'yon, Bei." She gulped and her voice sounded hurt.

"Come here." I hug her from behind, "I didn't respond to that kiss, diba? I don't even know the woman."

Her shoulders went down and I her breathing normalized. I rested my chin on top of her head then guided her to the sofa where she sat on my lap.

"Jia, I'll never respond sa kisses ng iba. But I promise to be more careful sa paligid ko. I'm sorry for the scene last night." I gently said and caressed her cheek. Destroying the trust she's working on bringing back is the last thing on my mind.

"Are you sure about me?" She asked while looking at me intently.

I nodded in assurance, "I am."

I badly want to court her but she's not ready. Hindi ko mapipilit kung ayaw pa niya. One thing's for sure, I'll do my best to make her mine.

We go out for a stroll and found ourselves in Central Park. I chose to take her out to help clear her mind. I don't want her to overthink about what happened when she goes to sleep later at night.

"What did you like about me?" She asked.

"Specific ba dapat?" I asked back. I'm not sure how to answer this question. Lahat kasi ng tungkol sa kanya nagustuhan ko.

"Bahala ka." Napanganga ako sa sinabi niya, "Ano nga?"

"Everything about you." I answered and saw her blush. I smiled gently while intertwining our hands, "Ah, ito, pag galit ka—"

Naputulan ako ng hampas niya sa braso, "Seryoso ka ba?!" She shows her chinky eyes.

"Patapusin mo muna ako..." I plead before continuing, tumitig siya sa akin na parang nagbabantay sa sunod na salitang bibitawan ko. "When you get angry, it's not simply being mad. You become angry because you care. You love me that's why you're angry."

What I said isn't related to the question but I thought I needed to let it out.

She stares at me and I'm drowning in it. "Just know that there is a limit."