45

•••

"Anong tinitingin-tingin mo dyan?"

Lumapit lang ako naging galit na si Jia sa pagta-type. I've been thinking about asking her out on a date but I don't know how she'll react. I'm worried she might say no, and I'm standing near her cubicle for the past 2 minutes just trying to get her attention.

"Jia, inisip ko kasi na halos isang buwan na lang bago tayo bumalik sa Pinas." I shyly said while showing my cute facial expression, the face that annoys her everytime.

"Pwede ba tigilan mo ako sa pagpapa-cute mo? Nagtatrabaho tayo tapos nandyan ka humaharot." She groaned and pointed a ballpen at me before putting it down.

"Sweet ko kaya, kiss kita—ouch!" I got hit by a folder on my chest which caused some of our colleagues to stare at us. I made a peace sign before lowering my head in shame, "Jia, nagiging sweet lang eh."

Lord, umuusok nanaman ilong ng mahal ko. "Ang harot mo, ha?" She pinched my ear, "Ang harot-harot mo."

I yelped after she let my ear go, "Masyado kang beastmode, Jia. Baka naman?" I pleaded and she glared at me as if saying that she doesn't care. I sighed and moved closer to her side, "Lumapit lang ako dahil gusto kita ayain mag-date."

She kept typing harshly while I waited for her reaction and she maintained her no emotion expression for the next one minute. I scratched my neck and thought of another way to say it, "Jia, I want to date you."

I sighed because it didn't help dahil inirapan lang niya ako. Then I quickly had an idea, "Okay, let's make a bet. If you lose, you will date me."

She stopped typing and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, "Talaga lang? Hmm?"

I grinned, "Confident akong matatalo ka dito."

She gasped and slapped my forehead, "Napakayabang mo!"

"Sa bahay mamaya, play a game of 2K with me. You can pick any team." I wiggled my eyebrows and she sighed. "Iuuwi naman kita after. You cannot say no."

"Baka manalo ka! Pag ako nanalo, bawal ka mangharot for one straight month." She said.

"Game, matatalo ka naman eh." I laughed and she punched my stomach, "I love you!" Kiss ko sana kaso tinakpan niya agad ang mukha ko, "Tsk! Isa lang!"

"Fuck you! Ang landi mo!" She scowled but I see her face blushing. Kinikilig siya kahit hindi niya sabihin!

I managed to steal a kiss at the corner of her lip before quickly walking back to my place. When I turned around, she was standing and glaring while crossing her arms. I winked at her blushing before I gave a flying kiss and turned away to finally sit on my chair.

//

iMessage

Tow3rs

TODAY 6:00 PM

Kat Tolentino
How's our kaibigan na sweet lover na
ngayon?

Maddie Madayag
Kayo na ba? Chika naman dyan!

MASAYA!
Nope, we're not yet together pa.
I don't want to rush things.
She's still rebuilding her trust.