Chapter 24 - Behind Doors

Light streamed in through the bedroom window, welcoming the lovers to a new day and a new life. Despite being in an extremely comfortable bed, they had not had much sleep. Nicole tried her best to be quiet, but Waverly knew just how to send her mad with pleasure. She too was growing to understand what Waverly liked and what she did not. Ever bossy, she would make her N do something again if it was not just so.

It was the crashing of a tray on the floor that woke them with a start. Having forgotten to relock Waverly's door, one of the maid's happened upon them, the shock of seeing the pair entwined causing her hands to lose their grip. Apologising profusely, she began picking up pieces of broken crockery, using her apron to wipe the floor, tears coming to her eyes fearing she would be fired.

Waverly jumped out of bed to help, realising she needed to put something on, frantically grabbing the nearest item, which happened to be Nicole's shirt. She rushed to help the maid. "It's alright, please don't worry. Here, let me do that."

"I'm so sorry miss. I should have knocked. I'll get you another tray. Please, forgive me."

"What's your name?"

"Mary miss. I should have knocked. I really should have knocked."

Waverly placed a few shards of crockery on the tray. "Mary, there's no harm done. If you don't say anything about us, I'll say I dropped the tray by accident."

"Oh, miss I don't want you saying that for me. I don't want you getting into trouble."

"I can be so clumsy sometimes. It's our secret."

"Thank you miss. I promise I'll knock in future."

The maid finished wiping the floor, putting the last few shards on the tray, Waverly taking it in her hands, placing it on the table just inside the door.

Nicole watched from the bed, knowing Waverly was doing this as much for them as the maid. There was no telling what the household would think of their new mistress naked in bed with her female lover. They could only hope those who worked at the house were discreet. They could also only hope Aunt Constance would be as sympathetic to their relationship as aunty and the circus folk.

Nicole was reluctant to leave the warmth of their cosy bed, turning over, pretending not to hear Waverly's repeated commands to get up. She wanted to lie there forever. "I be resting. You need to rest too. Come back to bed, just for a moment. I be wanting you in me arms."

"N, no. We've already caused one commotion with that poor maid. You need to go back to your room. Now. Go, please, before someone else finds out you're not in your room."

"I not be able. Me leg stopped working. Needs you to rub it alive."

"N. I'm not rubbing anything unless you go back to your own room. No, don't give me that look."

"I be helpless. Just one rub and I be going."

Waverly huffed. "Alright. One rub, then you go. Promise. Which leg?"

"Ain't me leg that needs rubbing. Come here and I be showing you."

"N! Stop. Is that all you think about?"

"I be thinking about your lips too."

And that was that. Nicole eventually made it back to her room, a tray having been left for her. She gulped the cold tea, shoving a piece of toast in her mouth, as she dressed. Aunt Constance was seated at a long table in the breakfast room, Nicole finding the room after trying a number of doors.

She smiled as Nicole entered. "Good morning, did you sleep well?"

"Ain't been in a bed that big before. Ain't been in a room that big neither."