Chapter 19

I

"Who would do something so gruesome and horrible? We should check his pulse to see if he's alive."

Byakuya sighed, "No, he's definitely dead."

"How do you know?"

"You can see the stab wounds on Knuckles. He's most certainly dead."

"Still, we should check."

"How are we going to get onto the ceiling to check. Look, Venti, he's dead. He lost the vote so it was expected."

"Expected? This shouldn't be an expected thing. After three deaths, we should have some idea of who is killing all these people."

"Well, we don't. We can't do anything about it. We even tried sticking together with Parappa, and yet he still died. No matter what we do people will continue to die and we won't be able to find the culprit."

"Don't talk like that. I know we'll be able to find the culprit."

"Even if we do find the culprit they'll probably just kill us first thing."

"Well I prefer to stay on the optimistic side, so I think we'll be able to make it out."

"Ugh, it smells terrible. Let's go gather everyone up."

"Yeah."

After a while everyone found themselves in the men's bathroom.

"Oh my! What is this!?" Kat asked.

Dio chuckled, "Heh, he lost, he had it coming. I didn't expect Sunny would die too though."

Byakuya replied, "Sunny's not dead; he's just unconscious."

"I see."

Big Band asked, "So... what do we do now?"

"I don't really know."

Once more the intercom intervened.

"Hello everyone. It would seem you've found Knuckles. Nice job. I forgot to tell you guys an important rule. I might as well while I'm here. If you were to, let's see, kill your opponent, you wouldn't even have to worry about the votes. Since there's only one of two opponents alive, the one alive would automatically move on to the next round. I wouldn't blame you for killing, no strings attached. That's all I have to say, goodbye."

Dio was the first to speak, "Interesting. So when it's my turn I could just kill my opponent, and then I'd be able to move on to the next round. To you guys that said there was no way I could win if I kept acting like this, who's laughing now."

2B spoke, "You're a monster Dio."

"Oh come on. Don't act like I'm the only one thinking it. It's just that I'm the only one saying it. Nobody here wants to die. We're all just doing our best to survive, by whatever means possible."

2B replied, "Of course I don't want to die, but I'm not going to survive this tournament by killing someone else."

"Oh come on. It's not like you can die anyway. You're just a robot."

2B looked taken aback, as did everyone else.

Big Band asked, "What do you mean Dio?"

"What? You couldn't figure it out yourself? She's obviously a robot. Ask her yourself."

Big Band turned towards 2B, "2B is this true?"

2B looked into Big Bands eyes, "Yes. Well technically I'm an android, but I'm no human."