Chapter 2

"What do you mean I have a bounty on my head?" Sunny replied agitated.

Byakuya went on:

"Mr. Bridges, you may not know this, but there are people betting on the outcome of this tournament. People that are not the nicest. People that wanted you to be in this tournament. People that would do very bad things if you didn't participate, but also people that would do very bad things if you happened to lose." Byakuya took a deep breath then continued, "Sunny, you are in quite the dire situation. A situation much more serious than most other contestants here. Keep that in mind."

Sunny, at a loss for words replied with all he could say:
Alright, I understand.
He wished he could've asked more at that moment. If only he had the composure to say what he wanted to say at that moment, things might have ended differently for him.

Byakuya, in a much more serious tone continued:
Alright everybody, you will all be assigned a room now. When I call your name please take your key and go to your rooms. If you need food, there is a cafeteria in the main lobby.

A new face, Big Chungus, spoke this time:
"Ehehe, Byakuya. Will we be provided money to buy commodities? Hehe."

Dio chimed in:
"Of course not rabbit! Why don't you try getting a job for once."

Venti took charge:
"Dio, take it easy. Now's not the time for quarrel; save it for the actual tournament okay?"
Dio grunted, but complied.

Byakuya reinstated his position as host and began once more:
"But enough of that. Everybody come get your room keys.

One by one, each contestant began being called up to collect their room key. Everyone left the room and proceeded into their personal rooms until there was one contestant left: Knuckles.

Knuckles said to Byakuya:
"Um, hey Byakuya?"
"Yes?"
"I was wondering, what are the consequences if we were to be unsuccessful and end up losing?"
"Well, It's like any old tournament. You go home and slowly lose relevance. Aside from that though, nothing drastic."
"Oh, that's it then?"
"Precisely."
"Oh, ok. Have a good night Byakuya!"
"Likewise." Byakuya pushed up his glasses and adjusted his tie, and then proceeded to his own room for the night.