9

New cover!!!

Octavia's POV

3 years ago

Matt and I were heading to our last class of the day, music and producing. We're about a week into my sophomore year, his junior. He tutored me last year and we became really good friends.

"How was your first week?" Matt asked, opening the door to the music building.

"It was okay, I just know that my business classes are going to be giving me a lot of homework." I minored in business just in case music doesn't work for me.

I'm hoping it does, music has always been my dream, ever since I was a little girl. Any time I would have peace and quiet I would take that as an opportunity to write. Even during grade school, I would skip lunch and head to the library to write music.

As I'm stuck in my daze I feel myself crash into a hard surface. I felt someone grab my waist to steady me as I was about to fall.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." I hear.

I look up to see icy blue eyes. It's a boy I've never seen before, he's kinda cute. He's a bit taller than me, has black hair, and a nice build, he definitely runs.

"No it's okay I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologize.

He stares at me for just a couple of seconds. "I'm Seth." He puts his hand out for me to grab while maintaining eye contact.

"Octavia," I replied. I shake his hand and blush. "Sorry, I really have to get to class. I'll uh- I'll see you around." I wave shyly and walk away to head to my next class.

Something about him pulled me in, when I said I'll see him around I was really hoping we would cross paths, throughout the entire class I could only think about the boy I bumped into.

"Hello? Earth to Tav'?" Matt says waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh, what did you say?" How did he have me completely distracted?

"Jeez, did cupid shoot you in the ass?" he jokes. "I said I'm not going to be able to work on the project today, my mom is working and my little sister has a doctor's appointment I have to take her to," he says

"Oh, that's fine, I'll work on it a little and send you what I was able to get done," I reassured him.

"Alright, I'll see you later then."

I hadn't even noticed everyone packing up, I seemed to be in my own little world. I quickly pack up and head out of the classroom giving my professor a brief goodbye.

I decided to work on the project at the campus cafe, it's usually pretty calm there. Our class ended right as a lot of other classes started so the cafe is pretty empty this time of day.

I ordered my usual and make myself comfortable in my seat taking out my laptop with a pair of headphones, to work on our project of the month:

Write a personal song you can relate to with your partner.

Matt and I decided to write about our lack of a father. It's the one thing we can relate to, he lost his father very young, and I just never grew up with one.

We were still working on the instrumentals. I can hear the metronome tick in my ear as I use my keyboard to play a couple of notes from the piano to form a base in the song.

When I write I seem to block everything out, it's just me and the instrument I'm working with, in this case, my laptop and all the mechanical sounds that come from it. I take joy in what I do, my mood does a complete 360 when I'm engulfed in my music. I feel like I'm teleported from the real world into my own perfect world.

So I don't realize when someone sits across from me until they push down my laptop screen, I furrow my brow and meet the same icy blue eyes.

"Octavia, right?" he asks, his voice smooth.

I immediately blush, "yeah, Seth?" he nods

"I saw you in here and I just had to come and talk to you," he admits.

"Did you?" I smirk, knowing I affected him the same way he did me.

"I did, a girl as beautiful as you deserves my attention." He says

I bolt awake, what the fuck, why would I dream about Seth?

I look at the time, I'm gonna be so late. I text Luke to let him know I slept in on accident.

My mind is running a million miles a second, I'm completely thrown off balance because of that dream.

It was when Seth and I first met. I seem to always run into people with ugly intentions, but I guess one of them is trying to better themselves.

I quickly throw on an oversized sweatshirt along with biker shorts, I practically sprint to the studio, entering as quickly as I could, noticing my seat is empty.

I still haven't recovered from this morning, and it seems as history repeats itself as I can't stop thinking about the dark-haired boy I used to adore.

This is not going to be a good session and I can feel it.

A/n
Hey guys short chapter today, most of these flashback chapters will be short but other chapters will be longer, sorry for the long wait don't forget to follow me on tiktok @/ Notinthesamerey

Words: 894
Date: Sep, 10,21