9| Don't Let Kids Hold Guns

ARABELLA'S POV

"So I guess we owe you an explanation—"

I started and motioned for them to sit, as they all took a seat with a restless look on their faces.

"Yeah we guess you really do." Alexander said passively yet sounding intently inquisitive.

My eyes turned to glance at Elric who came to stand beside Lucca and I— would have guessed for moral support but knowing him it's definitely more for his own entertainment.

"So after John and his dad, Kieron put Lucca and I into a car, we were both injected unconscious and the next thing we know we woke up in a room surrounded by machines with wires inserted in our arms and bandages wrapped on our wounds." I started as my eyes met Elric with a grateful look who smiled in return.

"He saved us, Elric Ivanov saved Lucca and I almost two years ago and we have been with him since then." I said as I could see my brothers who earlier glared at Elric looked at him with guilt and gratefulness, well most of them did while the others just waited for me to continue.

"Why didn't he bring you right back?" Alexander asked, causing Lucca and I to sigh simultaneously.

"He gave us a choice and we chose to stay." Lucca said before I could take the whole blame.

"And it wasn't like you were out there in the world, you were hiding yourself from everything that happened to you back then." I added trying to reason more with Lucca's contention.

This caused everyone, by that I meant all my brothers to glare at us while the older ones looked sad yet still waited patiently for us to continue.

And well, I refused to look at Rhett for now so I have no idea what his reaction was like.

"We'll come to the reason as to why we stayed but before I get to that do you have any other questions that you'd like to ask?" I questioned all of them.

"Why did he save you?" Elijah asked looking at Elric who nodded his head at us to continue explaining.

"Because he's my grandfather, our grandfather from Mother's side." I said nonchalantly, earning the baffling shocked expressions of everyone as I hoped.

Their mouths were partially hung open and shock crossed their faces while their eyes were so widened that the pupils seemed to narrow down, almost as if fleeing away from the expanding whites as their eyes looked like they were on the brink of bulging out

Yeah I've had the same reaction too, I guess it's a blood thing.

"What— how's that possible, Cora told us that she was an orphan." Grandma asked in shock as I gave Elric a look to take the stage from here, who heaved a sigh but still went on with answering.

"Cora was eighteen when I disowned her for almost killing one of our family member. I don't regret my decision of throwing her out but as a father I failed in her upbringing and for that I would like to apologise to you for everything wrong my daughter had brought onto any of you." Elric replied apologetically as he stared right at my father who looked shocked by the discovery.

"So you're saying that you are our grandfather? Considering that and if it's true, then why the hell didn't you come before and why the fuck did you keep our sister away for two years?"  Noah asked in disbelief yet anger was still evident in his voice as he glared at our grandfather.

"Yes that's right, I'm also your grandfather along with Arabella. And the reason I didn't come before was because I didn't want to be related to your mother and at the same time I had no idea about any of you. Besides, when I did find out about you, Cora was already out of your life and at that time I didn't know if I was welcome to intrude, which would have only brought painful memories for you. But when I finally found out about Arabella, I wanted to come right away due to the promise I made to someone but seeing that she was happy with you, I didn't had in me to open her previous wounds, so I stayed away watching over her from afar in absolutely no creepy way, but I had to intervene when I saw how poor of a job you all did in keeping her safe. And as to why I kept your sister away, it's something she would tell you herself." Elric finished as by now everyone was standing on their feet while openly glaring at Elric for his last comment, which was a cheap shot at my family.