Proposal - DJ Okawari Fly with me

When Brett arrived home for the summer, it was too late. Brett's father did not wake up even when his youngest son grabbed his shoulder, shedding regretful tears.

After his father passed away, Brett received a wooden box from his father's will that contained an emerald ring his father used to wear: a symbol of his family that all direct descendants of Yang family wear.

The letter inside the box also mentioned how Brett now had to take some responsibility for his family business. Apparently, his father also wanted to expand their influence to culture and arts of Handorr as well, including building an opera hall in Candra. Naturally, Brett took on those parts of the business, receiving stacks of documents that needed to be signed and reviewed.

Several days after the family funeral, an event was held at the Yang family mansion to announce new business plans. In front of all the aristocrats and reporters, Brett briefly stated that the family will expand their business upon the arts of Handorr as well. After that, Brett just stood in the corner while all his older brothers talked about something far more important, such as business and politics, which he did not understand.

Bored, Brett came out to the garden, away from all the people. Then, in the moonlight, Brett saw the person he needed the most.

Eddy was standing in the garden by patches of roses.

Brett stopped breathing for a moment, looking at Eddy for the first time in a few months. Eddy has come after reading his letter.

"Eddy," Brett called softly.

Eddy looked up, startled. Eddy looked at Brett wearing an all-black suit.

Was Brett alright? Did he eat well while he was gone? Did he cry?

So many questions circled Eddy's head but all he could do was whisper Brett's name.

"Brett."

"You came."

Eddy's hand went to his pocket, where Brett's letter was. Eddy has canceled all other concerts and ran straight to Candra after reading the letter. He knew the urgency of the situation just from looking at Brett's shaky signature.

However, when Eddy finally came here, he regretted his choice immediately. Just looking at how Brett presented himself so noble and dignified to the public, surrounded by so many people with imperial status, Eddy's confidence crumbled down once again.

All these months, Eddy has strived to become a better person for Brett. Eddy thought if he was recognized and becomes rich enough, he would have some say in being next to Brett. However, once Eddy thought he has just reached that level, Brett has moved another notch higher - becoming one of the responsible leaders in the Yang family.

Sensing Eddy's discomfort, Brett moved in closer. He wanted to touch, to feel Eddy after missing him for such a long time but Eddy looked nervous. Brett's heart ached, seeing Eddy like this.

"...Are you uncomfortable because of all the aristocrats inside?"

"...No," Eddy lied.

"Are you tired because of the concerts?"

"It's not that...."

Brett put his hands gently on Eddy's cheek. Eddy looked like he has lost some weight and it worried Brett, despite everything.

"I have another concert tomorrow. I need to get going now. I just wanted to...see if you were alright."

"Stay, you can sleep in my room for the night."

Brett held Eddy's hand and Eddy recoiled back. Brett's eyes widened from Eddy's sudden rejection.

"I...I'm sorry, Brett."