"Mhm. Good", she giggled nodding her head obnoxiously. I grabbed a pillow from the couch and threw it at her. 

"Caroline Forbes stop it", the pillow hit her head and she started uncontrollably laughing. 

"Sydney fucked the hybrid and now she likey likes him!", Caroline sang. I'm gonna kill this bitch. But I'm honestly surprised she's not mad. I jumped on top of her and she threw me back down onto the couch. "I'm kidding! I don't ship you and hyby"

"I hate you"

"I love you too", she winked. 

We talked for hours and I told her every single detail about me and Klaus's sexy time. I told her how it was euphoric and literally the best thing I've ever felt. She told me she was jealous. 

"Of course you would lose your virginity to the most intimidating person on this planet", she joked.

"You think he's intimidating?", I almost laughed. 

"Ya, Syd. Me and every other vampire and werewolf. I really want to know what he looks like though. He must be pretty fucking hot for you to give it all up to him", she scoffed. My stomach dropped slightly. Why did she say him like that? And give it all up

"What does that mean?", I asked my tone snappier. She looked at me confused. 

"Come on, Syd. It's Klaus. You do understand that... yes everyone is scared of him but everyone also hates him. You know everything he's done. He killed your sister. He thinks your sister is dead. He's turning Stefan into a ripper and can you imagine the countless other things he's done? I'm happy that you want it to be a one-night stand cause... you can't be with Klaus. He doesn't have feelings. He's a monster", she scoffed. I stopped in my steps and Caroline turned around to face me. She was so good the entire day listening to me, then going out for lunch and supporting me. All down the drain in three seconds. 

"Don't tell me who I can and can't be with", I spat. 

"Syd. Klaus. K.L.A.U.S. Klaus. absolutely not", she laughed. 

"I'm serious, Caroline. You talk so low of him like Stefan or Damon hasn't done anything bad at all. You haven't even met him and you are already making assumptions. I thought you were better than that", I rolled my eyes and started walking away from her. 

"Syd stop", she called out to me. I didn't budge. "SYDNEY!", she screamed, so I walked faster. 

I walked all the way home and I finally arrived back. I'm fuming. How dare she-my best friend talk about him like that. I shouldn't care but I care so much. I hate it. I ripped open the door and slammed it shut. I threw my shoes to the side and stormed into the kitchen to find Elena, Alaric and Jeremy sitting around the table with a cake that says 'Welcome home, Syd. We missed you'. My eyes start to pool and I feel like screaming. This is so sweet and I'm gonna end up ruining it. Elena notices right away and darts towards me.

"Hey, hey it's okay", she whispers as she pulls me into a hug. I can't fight it anymore so I start balling in her arms. I feel warm in her arms but not as safe as when I'm with him

"I'm s-so sorry Elena. Thank y-you for the cake", I say between cries. She squeezes me tighter.

"We don't have to talk about it", she said pulling away from the hug and wiping my eyes. "Let's go eat cake and forget all our problems". I wiped the rest of the tears away sniffling, and made my way over to the table. And then I saw Jeremy. I ran to him and jumped into his arms.

"I missed you so much", he confessed. I laughed and pulled him harder into the hug. 

"I love you", I said smiling uncontrollably. We both started laughing.  

"Hey, save some sugar for me!", Alaric chimed in. We all laughed and I gave him a final last hug. 

"Let's have some fucking cake!", I yelled. 

We all grabbed forks and went straight for the cake. The sweet taste, laughter-filled room, and memories in the making... drifted my mind from my current hybrid addiction and I feel at home. 

Although a piece of me... feels missing.