Chapter Thirty-Six

Sofia’s words saddened Victoria a lot. She was now desperate to meet Colton and tell him that she forgave him but he still had his phone switched off. The next whole week went by amidst fun and enjoyment. Their old friends and relatives visited them. The house was alive with a continuous flow of visitors the whole day. However, Davion looked worried as Colton hadn’t turned up at the grand event that was held at one of their casinos. 

Victoria was sitting in the living room and playing with Celestine while Asher slept in his stroller. Sofia and their mom were staring at their mom’s laptop, selecting wedding dresses when Davion stormed into the room. He had just returned from the two-day event that had just ended. He sat down beside his wife and massaged his temples. 

“What happened, Davion?” asked Sofia worriedly. 

“Colton didn’t come to the event even today. He was the one who had arranged it and he wasn’t there. This has never happened before. His phone is switched off and I haven’t seen him since the night he left our home in Reno in a rush. I’m very worried, Sofia,” said Davion. Victoria’s face paled at his words. Her heart constricted hearing about Colton. Sofia’s words rang in her ears. Where was Colton? Was he alright? She just hoped that he didn’t do anything untoward. They had to find him! 

“We need to find him, Davion. What if he needs help?” she cried hysterically, unable to keep calm anymore. Her mom gaped at her reaction. “I’ll talk to him if that brings him back. I’ll tell him that I’ve forgiven him. Please do something, Davion. He’ll kill himself,” said Victoria as a sob escaped her mouth. 

Sofia got up and sat down beside her to calm her. “It’s alright Vicky. Don’t panic. We’ll find him soon,” said Sofia. 

“Yeah. I’m calling my manager to track down his bank transactions. We’ll get an idea where he is,” said Davion, getting up to make a phone call. 

“I hope he hasn’t done anything. I should have known. I’m responsible for all this,” sobbed Victoria. Their mom gaped at her reaction trying to fathom what this is all about. From the looks of it she was sure that her daughter was in love with Colton Glenn. Then why was she marrying Trevor?

“Can anyone please tell me what’s going on?” she asked her daughters.

“I’ll tell you everything later,” said Sofia as she tried to calm down a broken Victoria. 

“You aren’t responsible at all, Vicky. You were hurt and defensive. It’s quite a normal feeling. Colton’s been this way since his mom’s death. He had disappeared for a month and Davion couldn’t connect to him. He returned after a month on his own. That’s the reason we didn’t see him at my wedding. Give him time. He’ll come around,” she coaxed. Victoria wiped her eyes and looked at her twin.  

“I can’t relax till I know that he’s safe,” said Victoria. 

“Davion is looking for him. Give him some time, “ said Sofia. 

The extra few days Victoria was restless and disturbed. So when Trevor came to announce their wedding dates a month later, Victoria just lost her mind. “Asher is just born. How can we get married in a month? You should have consulted me before fixing the date, Trevor,” she said in a displeased tone. Trevor’s face paled and he looked uncomfortable. 

“I thought you’d be happy,” he said. 

“Of course she’s happy, Trevor. It’s just that her friend’s missing that’s got her so stressed,” informed her mom.

“Friend? Who? The guy who came by a few days back?” asked Trevor with a frown.

Sofia nodded and Trevor frowned more. He was instantly suspicious that there was more to this. Was he the guy Victoria was in love with? Seeing her condition, it was clear that the guy wasn’t just a friend to her.