Chapter Twenty-Two

Colton pulled Victoria closer while his tongue passionately entangled with hers eliciting an equally passionate response from her. Her arms wrapped around his neck while caressing his soft hair at the nape of his neck. Colton groaned with a burning need that engulfed his whole body. His mouth devoured her and Victoria was lost in the intensity of the kiss. It was different from the last time they kissed. This was a branding kiss! It kindled a burning need within her and made her want to surrender. She kissed him back and Colton moaned with pleasure into her mouth. This was what he had been dreaming of since the first time they met. 

Suddenly Victoria froze realizing what she had done. She had kissed Colton who considered her trash. Colton broke the kiss feeling her lack of response and looked at her quizzically. Victoria struggled to get free.

“Let me go, Colton. I can’t do this. I’m not trash,” she said looking displeased with herself. Before Colton could realize what she just said, Victoria ran out of his apartment. Colton stood dumbstruck not knowing what to do. Should he run after her and beg for her forgiveness? His heart wanted to but he was unable to take even a step forward. 

Victoria chided herself again and again. How could she forget the way he had insulted her? How could she allow that kiss to happen? It would only prove to him how pathetically trashy she was! She walked towards Sofia’s house in a daze. As long as she was here, she would stay away from Colton Glenn. For the next few days, she could successfully steered clear of Colton’s path. After that evening, she didn’t cook for Colton any more. 

Davion was finally better and he was released from the hospital. Although he was confined to a wheelchair, Sofia was ecstatic to finally have him home. Victoria left them alone and went downstairs to her room. She really wanted to go home now that Davion was here but she would have to ask Sofia first whether she needed her help any longer. 

The next day after breakfast, Victoria spoke to her twin. “Sofi, now that Davion’s returned home, I think that I need to go back to Las Vegas. I’m missing out in my studies,” said Victoria. 

“Stay just this week, Vicky. I’m feeling very exhausted lately,” pleaded Sofia. Victoria nodded. What difference would a week make? Since their parents were too busy with work, she was the only family who could stand by her twin during her times of need. 

“Okay, Sofi. I can do anything for you,” she assured her. Sofia went to attend to Davion when Colton came to their house to see Davion. Victoria was immediately on high alert. She knew that he would try to talk to her but she wasn’t giving in. She walked away to her room and stayed hidden there waiting for Colton to go away. However, to her extreme horror, Colton walked into her room and closed the door. Victoria jumped up and from the bed with the intention of fleeing. She didn’t want to argue with Colton. 

“Victoria, please wait. Listen to me,” pleaded Colton. Victoria shook her head.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” she told him, her face devoid of expressions. 

“Yes there is. I won’t leave unless and until you listen to me, “ said Colton. Victoria stood still for a minute.

“Tell me quickly,” said Victoria impatiently. 

Colton knelt down in front of her, picking up her hand and holding it in his own. Victoria’s eyes widened with disbelief. Was he proposing to her?

“I’m very sorry, Victoria. I didn’t mean those words at all. I just wanted to hurt you like you hurt me and I lost control. I know I overdid it but believe me, those words hurt me more than they hurt you,” said Colton, his eyes solemn and shining with sincerity and honesty. Victoria stared at him, her heart beating faster with excitement. Of course, she believed him.