What kind of man would be so absurd to still love the person who had already left?

A foolish one.

Just like Gideon. He was such a fool to think that Mason would choose the Lee Family this time.

He was a fool to even hope that Mason would hesitate to leave.

He could never forget how Mason left, without even saying a proper goodbye to him!

How hateful! He was dying! But Mason did not even care about that.

Because of that, he had done everything that he could to convince the Lee Family to accomplish the plan that they had come up to kill Claire. He even personally invested his time and effort to convince Chaeyoung to come to Luxembourg. And it was all just so they could trap Claire.

And their plan worked. Now, he was sure that Chaeyoung would hate Claire after he finished telling her what had happened back then. Who would want to be with a murderer?

Gideon was almost sure that Chaeyoung would even allow Simon to kill her mother. After all, Chaeyoung had a righteous heart. Just like everyone in the Lee Family. She would not be able to stand what had happened to those children.

Gideon smugly looked at the mother and daughter duo as he thought about Chaeyoung's possible anger towards her mother at that moment.

After taking care of Claire, Gideon would declare Chaeyoung as the next Queen, so she would be able to lead their country. He couldn't wait to see the Vercello Family suffer from losing someone as valuable as Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung just narrowed her eyes at Claire, her mind elsewhere. If her guess was right, then the children they were talking about were the ones from the article that she had found. Her mother and her team should be the ones responsible for that explosion.

She then remembered the letter that came with the articles. Was that what Jia Yan's father wanted to tell her? That they were innocent? The people who had killed him… were they the ones her mother was afraid of?

Chaeyoung instantly understood that the people who had ordered that explosion might be tying up loose ends. They wanted to silence the people, who could provide evidence on that explosion.

Her face turned colder as she stared at her mother, making her mother more nervous. That was the moment that Claire dreaded the most. The moment that her daughter would find out about her previous deeds.

"Is that the reason you left my father?" Chaeyoung asked while staring intently at Claire.

Claire's eyes were warm as she stared at her daughter. This was it. Just like what she expected, her daughter was staring coldly at her. Just like in her nightmares. She would hate her and walk away. Maybe, even forget that she had a criminal mother.

She slowly nodded at Chaeyoung's question. "I did not know that we... I killed them. When I found out… I was already with your father and…I started looking for evidence… then someone just started hunting us." She made a deliberate pause. "All my colleagues are dead because I... I went looking for evidence. I was so stupid to go against the people who could destroy countries with their missiles and obliterate island overnight."

"I am a murderer. I have killed those kids and my colleagues… I…" she lowered her head, trying her best to not break down in front of her daughter. The memories of her past were floating in her mind. Henry and she were the only remaining people who knew the identities of the people who had ordered them to do that.