chapter 1. "soulmate"

»»————- ☾ ————-««

Of all the things that Dream could be talking about in front of 160k people was this. His heart hammering in his chest as his fingers loomed over the mouse. He watched as his good friends, Karl, Quackity, Sapnap and George mine on the game.

Arguing here there, he stayed silent and his character frozen as his chat kept reminding him of the promise of the story telling from his last stream.

His mind was roaming and seemingly his thoughts pulled him down the rabbit hole of memories that he clearly held close to him.

"Dream?" George asked his friend in worry. The British had his stream pulled up and was reading the chat. Unlike their other friends, him and Sapnap knew the whole story that made their friend freeze.

George hitting Sapnap, "What the hell George?" the boy whined. But the blue shirt wearing character motioned to the green block character that was Dream in the game.

Sapnap sighed as he looked at the chat, "Chat be nice. If Dream doesn't want to talk about it-" "Talk about what?" Quackity asked as his and Karl's character stopped in front of Dream's.

Dream shook his head and sighed, "No I um, promised my chat I would tell them." He muttered as he started to move his character to mine for iron. "Dream you don't have to." George said, clearly worried but the green character shook its head. "Its fine George."

"Um I'm confused." Karl said. Quackity huffed, "Thank goodness its not just me." He said. Sapnap sighed, "Chat asked Dream last time about soulmates and he promised a story." He explained.

"Do I believe in soulmates?" Dream read from chat as it was spammed, clearly his chat interested at the past lovers of the streamer. "Of course I believe in them. I've met mine and lost her at the same time." He answered quietly, his heart aching at the memory.

His eyes roamed the chat and he sighed, "Story time next stream chat, I have to go and make sure that Tommy doesn't destroy the community house." He muttered, his character sprinting away.

"Dream?" Quackity asked. Dream cleared his throat and stopped moving, "Um, I like to think that I have met my soulmate." He said as he started to move his character again, ignoring chat and his friend, digging deeper in the world.

"She was umm an English Literature graduate from England." He started. Karl gasped, "George do you like know her?" he asked. "Karl, George doesn't know every British person." Quackity joked.

Dream chuckled making George watch his stream seeing his friend stop again, "Actually she was um, George's best friend when he was university." He said with a faint smile on his lips.

This made the friends quiet down when they heard his soft voice, "I met her in 2016 when she answered my discord call to George..."

The blonde boy waited as the call rang through his headphones so when it was picked up he didn't waste any time. "George, me and Sapnap and Alyssa were thinking about this great idea for our world-" "Um, hello?" a soft voice cut him off.

"You're not George." Dream said. This made the girl scoff, "Clearly." She said. A silence engulfing them, that was until she broke it, "I'm Sienna, George's dormmate." She introduced herself.

"Dream." "Weird name." she pointed out. This made him laugh, "It's um an internet thing." He said. She chuckled and nodded, "Okay then Dream, why are you looking for George?"

"After that we kind of had gotten to know each other. George got annoyed that she would use his discord so he gave me her number and we talked every day since then." Dream continued to tell the story as he fought back the tears.

"When she, George and Ponk graduated, she immediately got a job here in the US. Coincidentally here in Florida and we met up." He said with a sigh.

Sapnap's keyboard clacking as he typed message after message to George who was busy watching Dream's chat. "She got a job at this school where she was a translator and an instructor as well and we started dating a year after..." he trailed.

George let out a sigh when Dream gulped, "It was beautiful. What we had, it was the greatest moments of my life. It was pure bliss and happiness and I wish I still had that." He whispered.

"What happened?" Quackity asked surprisingly softly. "I ended it after 2 years. It was a coward move and I didn't realize that I actually lost my soulmate until she was gone."

"Does um George still talk to her?" Karl asked. Dream hummed and nodded, "They're great friends and believe me George gave me a hard time when he found out. I heard she was doing great, and that's all I could ask for." He answered his friend as he emerged from the mines.

His character faced his friends who were silently watching him. His eyes wandered to the chat and his heart broke as they started to theorize on who she could be.

"Um chat, actually, I appreciate all of you but please don't try and dig her out. She's going on with her life and so am I. What happened with us was private and that's what I want it to be now. If you respect me you would respect my decision in this." Dream said as he looked at the discord chat where Sapnap and George were chatting in.