To complete the look I wore some accessories, checking at the time it was almost 6:55, I put on my white pumps and made my way downstairs to the living room.

I was sitting in the hall checking my phone for 10 minutes when finally Adrian walked down.

" How long you have been waiting?" Adrian asked

" Almost 10 to 15 minutes" I replied while giving him a tight smile.

"Well I thought you were still getting ready since girls always need extra time for that" he chuckled.

"Well I hate being late and I am not a girl who needs hours for getting ready" I replied with a straight face.
His eyes then traveled down to my body.

Is he checking me out??

I cleared my throat and got his attention
" Can we go now? " I asked him which made his eyes connect to mine. Nodding his head he started walking ahead while I was following him.

We reached the car and the driver opened the backseat door for me I slid into the car, sitting next to Adrian.

"To the Darrell Mansion, Frank," he told the driver and the car started moving.
I noticed he was the same driver who drove us to the mansion on the day of the wedding.

The whole ride was silent, I was busy looking out of the window while Adrian was doing something on his phone with the same scowl on his face.

I wonder if this man ever smiles like a normal human.

I was busy looking outside when I noticed the same old roads, where I used to walk when I lived in that house. The neighborhood was still the same, I saw the Mansion coming into my view. The same old mansion where I spent most of my life, where I lost my mom, my childhood, and my father. The car stopped in front of the porch, I opened the car door and stood outside, staring at the house in front of me. It was almost more than 5 years since I left this house.

I saw Adrian coming beside me,
"Shall we go in" he spoke while gently putting his hands on my back.
I nodded and made my way into the mansion. I saw a man whom I used to call my father, approaching us with a warm smile

"Welcome Mr. Parker!!" he greeted Adrian and shook his hands.

"Sarah, it's so good to see you" he spoke averting his gaze towards me.

Without wasting any more minutes, he invited us to the living hall. I saw Lisa standing there with Chloe. Apart from them, there were also two familiar faces present there, Jessica and Justin. 

Keeping my differences aside I smiled at them and greeted everyone.

"Oh Sarah, it's so nice to see you. I missed you so much ". Lisa said while giving me a hug. I was taken aback by her gestures. I mean this woman made my life a living hell but now she is acting as if she has the best relationship with me.

"Hey, Lisa. How are you?" I greeted back. I gave a small smile to Chloe and Jessica as I was still confused about their intention. Although it's been a while since we were in high school keeping some distance from them is something that is better for me.

We took our seats in the living room and the maid offered us some refreshments. 

" You look so fat, Sarah. You should probably eat less"  Chloe suddenly spoke. I rolled my eyes at her comment, she still finds different ways to insult me.

"Well, I find myself perfectly fit. Maybe you should get your eye check-up done ASAP" I replied to her with a tight smile. She was shocked listening to my reply, I guess, she thinks I will be taking her insults silently like old days.