Chapter 13

Sarah P.O.V

I excused myself and got out of the boardroom, I made my way towards the restroom and freshened up. It's not even noon yet and I am already tired, maybe it's because of Adrian's presence who always tests my patience. Before the presentation also he tried to insult me by commenting on my potential and skill.

I did my best to avoid him and gave my presentation after I ended explaining everything to them I expected Adrian to comment something bad or point out any mistake but he was still processing whatever I said, I laughed internally seeing his shocked face. Maybe he didn't expect this from me, as he still considers me a spoiled brat.

I was straightening my ponytail when I saw Justin entering the restroom. Back in the boardroom I purposely avoided him, I thought he got the hints but some people never understand.

"What are you doing here," I asked him.

"Why do you act like a stranger Sarah, we used to be good friends but you disappeared after high school," he said while coming close to me. I turned my face towards him

" I already told you we were used to being friends, but whatever you did to me that night at the party, you lost my friendship. I told him with a straight face

" I was stupid and young at that time Sarah, I know what I did with you was very wrong but I was brainwashed by Chloe and Jessica. I even came to apologize after the video was shared but you were gone by then." He said and lowered his head.

"For the past 4 years, I was searching for you but couldn't get any info about you and when I saw you at Adrian's parent's anniversary, I wanted to talk to you and tell you what I feel for you but your engagement was already announced by then. Even at your wedding, I tried to reach you and tell you not to marry Adrian but you were surrounded by a lot of people and I lost the last chance to talk to you before your wedding.

"Aren't you dating my step-sister, Chloe? I saw you both at the party as well as at my wedding. I saw how she looks at you, she loves you, Justin." I told him without showing any emotion.

" I don't love Chloe, I was only there with her so that I could be with you someday, being with her was only because I knew you would contact your family one day, and then I could finally get to you. All these years I have been waiting for you but when I heard about your comeback, it was too late since you already signed those agreement papers."

"Adrian will never love you, Sarah, he will always love Jessica, even today he is more concerned about her. It's me who loves you, Sarah, you can divorce Adrian now also. I promise to be everything you want me to be, Just be mine, Sarah." He said desperation was clear in his voice.

"Sorry Justin, I can't do this" I replied to him and started walking towards the door to leave. I suddenly felt Justin holding my arms and dragging me back.

"Sarah, please don't do this to me," he said while gripping my arms tightly. I tried to get out of his grip but seeing me struggling his hold got tighter. His eyes then fell on my lips and he leaned forward to kiss them but I turned my face away. Before I could push him away I saw someone standing near the door. It was Adrian who was standing there, seeing my reaction, Justin turned his face as soon as he saw Adrian standing there he left his grip and stood away from me.

Seeing my condition I thought Adrian would help me or at least ask what was going on here but Adrian banged the door and left us there without saying a word.

what was I even thinking, he won't help you, Sarah

I focused my attention on Justin before he attacked me again. I punched him in the face, he stumbled back but soon maintained his posture.