Chapter 5

Sarah P.O.V

I was so tense and doomed after listening to what Grandpa and Grandma told me. They arrived in the States yesterday night and today they are giving me the biggest shock of my life.

According to them, I need to get married for the merger or lose a 40% share of Amario Enterprises. Before they could finish their next sentence I slammed my hands on my lap and got up,

"I can't accept this proposal, Grandpa. I just graduated and for now, I want to explore more new things, I don't want to get married so early."

"Sweetheart, we are not forcing you into this but we want someone strong to take care of you. I and grandpa are getting old dear, we won't be always there to support you. That's why we want you to be secure and happy" Grandma said as she made me sit down again by holding my hands.

I thought about everything that was happening. When it comes to marriage, love, respect, and trust are the pillars of a happy marriage.

I was always nervous when it came to relationships, I was scared of the idea of being rejected and unloved,

I was scared what if I was the one trying to maintain the relationship while the other person was least bothered?

"Sarah, we always want the best for you but remember if you deny this proposal then this company will get ruined. This company was your mother's dream, Sophia really worked hard to bring this company where it is today. However, Honey, we don't want to force you for this." Grandpa said comforting me.

Remembering my mother, I thought about what mom would have done if she had been in my place. Would she accept this to save the company? She used to work so hard for the company until her illness caught her to bed.

"Grandpa, I need to think about this whole situation. I will let you know my decision soon". I told him with a weak smile and took their leave.

I came into my room and closed the door. I laid down on my bed as I started thinking about the whole conversation that happened with Grandpa and Grandma today.

I never thought to get married so soon, that too just for the sake of the company. But deep down I also know that this company holds my mother's memories, her hard work, and her dream to make Amario Enterprises one of the leading companies in the world.

I always thought that whenever I married someone, it would be because of love, not some business deal.

I never had any time to date during high school, I never thought of dating anyone, since I was always busy with my studies and a part-time job. If any guy tried asking me out, Chloe and Jessica made sure I never went out with them.

I still remember the night after graduation, when there was a party at our house.

FLASHBACK

I was sitting in my room, checking my email regarding my application which I submitted to different universities. I could hear the loud music coming from downstairs,

Chloe has invited everyone to this party. She even asked me to join the party but I politely declined, knowing she and Jessica would definitely have some plan to humiliate me again.

I suddenly heard someone knocking at my door, I closed my laptop and walked towards the door. I opened the door and saw Justin standing there, holding two cans of beer in his hand.

"Hey, Sarah!" He greeted me and entered my room. He sat on my bed and examined my room.

"Hey, Justin! What brings you here". I said and walked towards him.