The Barbie Factory

Hello my lovely readers,
I've missed all of you so much! Here a new chapter and the action is starting up now!
I love all of you, Meerkatgirl
RAHUL

No, my father had to be joking... He was trying to set me up with one of his friend's daughter. I still had so much to do and a girlfriend wasn't something I was on the look out for... Not now at least. After Tarai implying that a relationship wasn't happening, I haven't taken interest in other girls. It angers me a lot because every girl that comes up to me reminds me of that girl with the pretty brown eyes.

The fact that even my friends would tease me about how whipped I am would make me blush...

I was back at Harvard now with my parents back at home. My classes felt shorter because half of the time I was thinking or day dreaming about Tarai. However, I still got the grades.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I fished it out.

*hey -T

My heart skipped a beat, I would ever admit it but in the comfort of my mind I think admitting stuff like this is easier. I thought of waiting it out a while before answering because I didn't want her thinking that I was on my phone waiting for her text. But we all know that it is the truth.

*hi what up? -R

*nothing much... Packing up my stuff for Harvard. My mom's crying -T

*tell her you'll visit her every month-R

*you think I didn't tell her that?-T

Her sassiness was a major turn on... I bit my lip and typed.

*okay your royal highness. Can I call you? I'm bumping into people-R

*i know I make all your senses shut down sweetheart. It's called Meera's charm-T

*stop it. Can I call you?-R

*yes, please do. I might loose my sanity now, my mom is crying bucketfuls and looking at my baby pictures with my dad -.-... I'm not moving to Australia you know. -T

I dial her phone number with shaky hands but take on my usual calm, confident and husky voice.

"Hey," she said. Her voice was calm and I forgot to talk for a couple of seconds.

"Hey sweetness," i reply and took support of a pillar near Harvard's entry.

A grin didn't fail to reach my lips as I heard her steady breathing in the other end of the line. What surprised me was when I overheard the song 'Anaconda' by Nicki Minaj playing in the background. I bit my lip again and I was very amused at how the good girl actually listened to Nicki Minaj.

"My anaconda does want some because you got buns hun," i said replying to a line in the song and I heard her gasp.

"Dear Lord, Rahul shut up!" She said and I chuckled at how flustered she got.

"Honey, you're the one playing Anaconda... I just replied," i said and blocked out other sounds than her voice.

"I swear Belle put it on my playlist," she defended and I 'tsked' at her.

"So you ready for Harvard? I mean it's pretty intense," I say and she sighs.

"But you'll be there right? So I'll be fine," she said and I might've had a school boy moment in my head. What she just said made a tinge of pink appear on my cheeks and I found it difficult to speak for a while.

"Yeah of course," I say and my voice drops an octave.

I stopped in my tracks when a girl with make up caking up her face with red stained lips, big brown eyes framed with eyeliner and fake eyelashes, a nose ring. She was wearing a very revealing tank top and it was a miracle that she didn't flash anyone. I really mean her lip stick looked disgusting... No guy wants to kiss that honestly. Well unless it was Tarai, but then again... It would suit her and she's classy.

"Hey," she says and flutters her fake eyelashes. Her voice was assaulting me and I found it hard to hide the disgust on my face.

I realize I'm still on the phone with Tarai.

"Hey Rahul? You alright?" She asked and a slight hint of panic resonated in her voice.

"Yeah just fine babe," I say trying to shoo the girl that looked like she face planted into a dish full of concealer.

"Babe?" Tarai asked, confused.

"Oh yeah babe, your place sounds great today," I say hoping Tarai would catch on.

"My name is Dimple, i believe our fathers know each other," she said raising one of her sharply arched eyebrow.

"What the hell is going on Rahul?" Tarai asked on the other end of the line and I was actually the one confused now. Some random Dimple claims we know each other and Tarai is confused as hell on the other hand.

"I need to go Tarai," i said and ended the call. I heard her protest before I clicked the end button but i pocketed my phone and turned to the Barbie doll of a girl.

"I don't think I know you, you're mistaken," I say and she laughs... Her laugh sounded more like a fire alarm and made my ears hurt.

"You're silly, I'm the girl that you were suppose to meet this weekend!" She says laughing again and I wince. Wait... What the... She was the freggin Dimple Patel my dad had set me up with? My father was rich and all, so a lot of his friends would propose their daughters in marriage. However, this was not happening.

Dimple was annoying, so was Tarai but she was a healthy annoying. Whereas Dimple's caked up face made it hard for me to take her seriously instead of returning her to the Barbie manufacturing factory. I wished Tarai had caught on to the 'im speaking to my girlfriend' thing but whatever. She might be pissed off now, I'll have to call her back.

"Oh really? It's a pleasure to meet you," I say trying to sound polite. I extended my hand and she stared at it.

What I didn't expect was for her to crush me. She was hugging me by the neck, no that's not the right word. Strangling is. I felt so uncomfortable but then thought about how Tarai's touch made it hard for me to not kiss her on the spot. The familiar feeling of revulsion came back and i gently held Dimple by the arms and pushed her away nicely.

"See you later Dimple," I say trying to get away from her evilly arched eyebrows and grabbed my bag from the grass and took long and quick strides to my friends.

I took my phone out of my pocket and noticed a single text from Meera.

I'm confused. Another girl? :( -T

A guilty pang settled in my stomach because I hadn't told her about my father being oblivious to my wishes to be with Tarai yet he was still setting me up with random Pinkys and Dimples.

I was going to text her back when a manicured hand fished the electronic device out of my hands.

"Hmmm, I wonder who this Tarai girl is," the girl with the red stained lips said. My gaze hardened, the only reason she's not suffering a broken leg is because she's a girl. And I've been taught to never hit a girl. Dimple was annoying me beyond a playful level.

"She's a friend," i said and she scoffed.

"You know my father's a rich man right? I think money will buy me into the family..." She said with a smug smile hooked onto her ridiculously large lips.

"It wouldn't, my father isn't that shallow," I say with a scowl and snatched my phone back.

"I think we'll have to see about that baby," she says looking me up and down.