I smiled too. It was so sweet, the way he was proud of her. And I also, in part, smiled because that's how Allen always smiles when talking about me.

I looked out the window, where the sun was shining. I suppose that was weird, in some sense, considering that we were rapidly inching closer to December 1st. Allen had talked about the cabin they had up north. I was excited about Christmas and all, but the thought about getting to experience actual snow was probably the best part. Allen had promised me he'd teach me how to make a snowman. I furrowed my brows. "When does this place go on Christmas vacation?" I asked, looking back at the others.

Ember looked up from her phone. "December 12th. Twelve days of Christmas and all that. But officially, here, it it called 'Winter vacation', you know, since not everyone celebrates Christmas,"

"Right, right... what are you guys doing for the Holidays?"

Cameron looked up. "We're visiting some of my family in Oregon for Hanukkah here between the 2nd and the 6th, and on the 24th and 25th we'll visit Riley's family. They've got the most adorable little brother. He looooves carolling. He's 8,"

"Me and Stella are by ourselves, Stella's parents are both gone, and my family is shit, so it's just the two of us. There'll be a few gifts, but we both like things being quiet, just watching movies and eating pre-made turkey dinners," she chuckled. "Christmas last year was the best Christmas ever. No praying left and right. No thanking Jesus for every little thing. No goddamn church. I might miss my parents, but I do not miss their misogynistic, homophobic bullshit view on religion,"

I looked at Dylan. He crossed his arms. "Blair loves Christmas. She goes all in. There is not an inch of our place that is not covered in elves, or santas, or reindeer, or red felt. And there's the same 7 Christmas songs on a loop, and we're going to my family's this year, so thanks to my wonderfully vegan sister, the rest of us will probably have to endure a tofurkey... come to think of it, maybe we'll just stay home. We at least have an excuse now," he smiled. "What about you, Paige? You and the Alpha hooking up in some luxurious wooden mansion in Switzerland or Norway or something?"

I cleared my throat. "The cabin is in Canada, thank you very much, and uh, yeah, we're going to his cabin in Canada. It's gonna be the first time I'll see snow, so that's cool. Allen also said that the town nearby has, like, the best cafe in the world, with waffles and hot chocolate," I could feel myself smiling like a 5 year old. The thought of the snow dancing through the air to land in piles on the ground was almost better than the thought of the twinkly lights.

"However will you keep warm in a cold cabin like that?" Ember asked, raising her eyebrows.

I sent her a deadpan stare. "Do you think about anything else?"

She laughed. "Of course I do. But it's just so funny so watch you get uncomfy,"

With a roll of my eyes, I looked down at my food, and stabbed my fork into some pest covered pasta, and looked up at the clock on the wall. There was another 7 minutes of the break left before math. I groaned internally. Math.

"Do any of you understand, like, anything about second degree polynomials?"

They shook their heads in unison. "Sweet," I groaned.

Cameron rolled their eyes. "It's not like you actually have to do good anyway. Just have daddy Alpha pay for you to get into college or something. You don't even have to do any work for it,"

"First off, never, ever call Allen 'daddy alpha' again, or I will have to stab you. And second off... what? Do you just think that everything is easy for me because Allen is the Alpha?"