Chapter 23

Kian got to Nick's house and peered in the gates. It was a big plot of land and he knew it wasn't going to be easy finding Georgia. He shot through the trees leading down the long driveway and hid behind a trunk as he heard voices talking. Hybrids. Kian waited until the voices got closer to him and he peered round the side of the trunk. He caught sight of only two of them. He grabbed the leaded objects Arabella had given him and feeling them burn through his skin he poked them through their eyes before ripping out their hearts. There was no going back now.

He got to the side of the house and pressed his blood stained hands onto the wall, peering through the window. He caught sight of Georgia sitting at the bar swirling a straw around in her drink with Nick standing close to her talking. She wasn't saying anything back. Kian looked at the open planned downstairs and saw five other people drinking and chatting. He guessed they were hybrids, in the same position as Zachary, waiting to be transformed into an Alchemy as soon as Nick had had success with Georgia.

Kian zoned into what Nick was saying, blocking out the other chatter in the room. "Georgia my dear, don't look so glum. You will be making history!" Kian saw Nick put his hands on her shoulders, Georgia flinched. "See all these lovely people here waiting patiently, well once I have got the potion from your mother I am going to release the liquid in the gem of the necklace you kindly brought to me."

Georgia slammed her glass down, making everyone else in the room stop and look over. "Nick I don't need to know the process!"

Nick looked pissed off. He swung the bar stool round so Georgia was facing him and moved close to her face. Georgia stayed still, not budging or showing him how scared she was. Kian could hear her heart beating faster.

Nick took his hands and brushed his fingers against her cheeks, then her lips and down her chin, "once I have everything I need I am going to be the one to turn you into a blood sucking hybrid using this" he showed her a vial of black liquid, "and then your precious blood from your dying body is going to make me my Alchemy army." Georgia turned her face away from him. Nick moved back and walked off. Kian couldn't take his eyes off of her. He knew what he had to do.

Georgia felt miserable. She knew there was no getting out of the situation she was in. She heard a murmuring by the door and she dreaded seeing her mother walk in. She was hoping Nick was lying about that.

"Well well well, I did not expect you to turn up so soon." Georgia felt her heart sink. "Geeeooorrgiiiaa, I have got a lovely surprise for you" Nick taunted her. She looked up from her empty glass to see Kian walking in. Georgia didn't move. She didn't want Kian involved. She couldn't see him get hurt. She watched as Kian walked past her, ignoring her and went to the pool table with Nick. She crumbled at the smell of his aftershave. She wanted Kian to take her home. She wanted this all to be over.

"So Kian, what do I owe this pleasure? I already have everything I need so I am surprised you have wanted to come into this equation", Nick winked at Georgia before playing his move. Kian kept quiet as they played.

After they finished the game Nick pushed Kian against the wall, but Kian was too quick and broke the pool cue in two and pushed it against his neck. The hybrids turned to look at what was going on but Nick shooed them away. He looked at Kian and smiled, "does she know what you are really like?" he pointed his head towards Georgia, who was watching them the whole time. She was now on the edge of her seat, her heels pressing into the wooded floor. Kian didn't look at her, he could feel her watching.

Kian let go of the cues and they fell to the floor. "I want a word, away from everyone. There is something you may want to know." Nick raised his eyebrows at him and followed Kian into the next room. Georgia felt like she couldn't breathe.